+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jodie Jones

... not at all, OP67, considering we're off form and not the finished article as a promotion side, we can still punch above our realistic ability. Luck will play a part too ...

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyisgod View Post
    Visit Malta Times website, Select sport and read the Jodie Jones article.

Unfortunately I do not know how to create a link.
    Fantastic signing. Brilliant player. Probably our best this season.

I think he's being asked to do too much defensively. He tries hard, but gets beaten is sheer physical contests.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post

On the plus side we're still only 4 points off 7th with 36 points to play for.....or am I being a little opimistic??
    A lottle bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    Fantastic signing. Brilliant player. Probably our best this season.

I think he's being asked to do too much defensively. He tries hard, but gets beaten is sheer physical contests.
    Its about time the clowns managing the team realise that Jodi and Nemane are NOT wingbacks, never have been, and never will be. We need to play with proper fullbacks who can defend the crosses.. SM should not have changed the team that did so well to win at Newport. He somehow managed to drop one of our best defenders on that night for Nemane at Wrexham... Oh and just another piece of advice, dont start with Bostock at Bradford...

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Its about time the clowns managing the team realise that Jodi and Nemane are NOT wingbacks, never have been, and never will be. We need to play with proper fullbacks who can defend the crosses.. SM should not have changed the team that did so well to win at Newport. He somehow managed to drop one of our best defenders on that night for Nemane at Wrexham... Oh and just another piece of advice, dont start with Bostock at Bradford...
    I agree. I've said it before but any system that requires Jones or Nemane to defend the back post is fundamentally wrong. 4231 or something like that allows our defenders to defend and our attackers to attack, which seems to make more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I agree. I've said it before but any system that requires Jones or Nemane to defend the back post is fundamentally wrong. 4231 or something like that allows our defenders to defend and our attackers to attack, which seems to make more sense.
    I agree with Durham that JJ and AN are not wing-backs - in the literal sense, they've been playing as wingers, or wide midfielders at best, in our back 3 system (wing 'backs' would make that a 'back' 5, wouldn't it?).

To play this, we have to able to dominate the ball/play/game. That's where a player like Palmer and a manager like Williams come into it. Without them, and without domination, watch out! And we've seen that, haven't we?

I remember writing in the Sutton away thread (Sutton have been his absolute cryptonite this season) that JJ couldn't play that position, especially away. He proved me wrong. Just like Chicks proved me wrong when he transformed his attacking game to score 11 or 12 in our promotion season. But Chicks fixing that is maybe easier that Jodi working on his defending. Crewe away - ouch. Sutton at home and so many other times he's been a defensive liability, and especially when we can no longer boss the play.

What to do? Palmer gone, LW gone, confidence at rock bottom. Change the shape and we see players totally unfamiliar with the roles, pattern of play...
    For this one, I'd have JJ covering the inside-forward roles more and bring Chicks back in who has a good understanding with Cameron from last season. We'd still get JJ crosses and assists from the inside-forward spots.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Speaking of clowns, Nemane was started at Wrexham because macari failed a late fitness test, it's been mentioned countless but just ignore it to fit your 🤡 post

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    I agree with Durham that JJ and AN are not wing-backs - in the literal sense, they've been playing as wingers, or wide midfielders at best, in our back 3 system (wing 'backs' would make that a 'back' 5, wouldn't it?).

To play this, we have to able to dominate the ball/play/game. That's where a player like Palmer and a manager like Williams come into it. Without them, and without domination, watch out! And we've seen that, haven't we?

I remember writing in the Sutton away thread (Sutton have been his absolute cryptonite this season) that JJ couldn't play that position, especially away. He proved me wrong. Just like Chicks proved me wrong when he transformed his attacking game to score 11 or 12 in our promotion season. But Chicks fixing that is maybe easier that Jodi working on his defending. Crewe away - ouch. Sutton at home and so many other times he's been a defensive liability, and especially when we can no longer boss the play.

What to do? Palmer gone, LW gone, confidence at rock bottom. Change the shape and we see players totally unfamiliar with the roles, pattern of play...
    For this one, I'd have JJ covering the inside-forward roles more and bring Chicks back in who has a good understanding with Cameron from last season. We'd still get JJ crosses and assists from the inside-forward spots.
    I'd go four at the back, but assuming we stick with three, I agree - Chicksen in at LWB, Jones taking one of the two spots behind the striker (replacing Didzy if he's still injured, I guess). That would make us more solid. It's worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Speaking of clowns, Nemane was started at Wrexham because macari failed a late fitness test, it's been mentioned countless but just ignore it to fit your �� post
    No he didnt, He was on the bench...

Yes I know, I was there. He was deemed not fit enough to start , IF you would listen, now just apologise/ retract your post.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast