+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jodie Jones

Jodie Jones

Visit Malta Times website, Select sport and read the Jodie Jones article.

Unfortunately I do not know how to create a link.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyisgod View Post
    Visit Malta Times website, Select sport and read the Jodie Jones article.

Unfortunately I do not know how to create a link.
    Here you go.

https://sport.timesofmalta.com/2024/...four-division/

"No doubt, this achievement is another feather in the cap of Jodi Jones who has established himself as one of the star performers for his club Notts County this season and could open the door for a possible move to a bigger club this summer."

Are they saying there's a bigger club than Notts?

... not sure if Mr Jones is quite as good as he may think he is. Recent loss of form plus having two and sometimes three markers on him is taking its toll. Perhaps he needs to think about what made him a top player at this level and cut out over-doing some of his possession game ...

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Jones' partner is expecting a child fairly soon so I'd be surprised if he travelled for Malta's friendlies in March

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... not sure if Mr Jones is quite as good as he may think he is. Recent loss of form plus having two and sometimes three markers on him is taking its toll. Perhaps he needs to think about what made him a top player at this level and cut out over-doing some of his possession game ...
    Blimey we're even turning on Jones now.

I can smell horse sh!t again. Of course having three markers will limit him, but shouldn't you be berating the players who have failed to take advantage of the extra space this must create?

To be fair he had 3 shots blocked on the line in the first half yesterday and almost had a second assist when Austin's header was miraculously saved when it looked in
    He looked knackered in the second half

... perhaps to make it simpler for elite, it comes under the heading of "what do excellent players do to improve'. That will apply to some others in the squad too. Research any top professional sports person ... they never stop learning and put more time into self-development than the 'run-of-mill' journeymen. LW clearly helped some improve, but others can't or won't adapt; in which case 'bye-bye'. LW/the club clearly didn't have the bottle to take out the dead wood. Good luck sorting that SM. I expect he knows and is probably working out the best way to carry that out. Cheers all ...

... perhaps to make it simpler for elite, it comes under the heading of "what do excellent players do to improve'. That will apply to some others in the squad too. Research any top professional sports person ... they never stop learning and put more time into self-development than the 'run-of-mill' journeymen. LW clearly helped some improve, but others can't or won't adapt; in which case 'bye-bye'. LW/the club clearly didn't have the bottle to take out the dead wood. Good luck sorting that SM. I expect he knows and is probably working out the best way to carry that out. Cheers all ...
    I'd say some can't more than won't adapt. Bostock for one who stated he'd never been coached as well by anyone by LW and you could see he was loving it. His free kick at Wembley showed the amount of detail that was put into games by the coaching staff to find that Fitz left spaces. I hope SM has the same amount of detail being put into his pre match prep.
    As you say though some can't rather than won't adapt and they need to be gone this summer contracted or not if we are to challenge next season. However with a fair few sold or contracts ending we'll need a good summer transfer window.

On the plus side we're still only 4 points off 7th with 36 points to play for.....or am I being a little opimistic??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast