+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Partick Thistle (A) March 2024

Partick Thistle (A) March 2024

The team when we last played there and won 5-0 was:

Walton

Grimshaw Gall Holt McM

Sibbald Doc

Kai Watt Middleton

Moult

I think that is probably our strongest team

Can go with that again if Doc available

Otherwise Tillson or Glass in his place

Cudjoe needs a chance as a sub if we are chasing

VERY important match after what happened on Tuesday

I think our team is the same with either Thomson or Grimshaw at RB. If Doc is injured i think its Thomson at RB and Grimshaw at CM.

After this,

Walton,
    Thomson, Gallagher, Holt, McMann,
    Grimshaw, Sibbald,

I think Cugjoe should be given a start again, with Moult up front and any other 2 from god knows how many underachieving attackers!

My predictions are -

Team - Phuck knows

Formation - Phuck knows

Score - Phuck knows

League Position - Phuck knows

Support - Large in numbers with loyal backing despite utter guff.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    I think our team is the same with either Thomson or Grimshaw at RB. If Doc is injured i think its Thomson at RB and Grimshaw at CM.

After this,

Walton,
    Thomson, Gallagher, Holt, McMann,
    Grimshaw, Sibbald,

I think Cugjoe should be given a start again, with Moult up front and any other 2 from god knows how many underachieving attackers!
    I would swap Grimshaw and Thomson. Thomson played very well in midfield when he was at Montrose.

Partick will be set up to attack us immediately from the off. They won't want us to settle into the game and I think that they will sense that they can rattle us by being quick off the mark. I think that the fear might be back and I think that we will struggle to get a result. This team have consistently shown us that they can't give a reaction to a poor performance and that they don't perform well in important matches.I'm going for a 3-0 loss. Brian Graham to hump us into the ground.....Jim will be "bitterly disappointed" but we will have had some "good passages of play"
    I wish I could be more positive but sometimes you just have to be realistic!

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    Partick will be set up to attack us immediately from the off. They won't want us to settle into the game and I think that they will sense that they can rattle us by being quick off the mark. I think that the fear might be back and I think that we will struggle to get a result. This team have consistently shown us that they can't give a reaction to a poor performance and that they don't perform well in important matches.I'm going for a 3-0 loss. Brian Graham to hump us into the ground.....Jim will be "bitterly disappointed" but we will have had some "good passages of play"
    I wish I could be more positive but sometimes you just have to be realistic!
    Last time we played Partick we'd just been beaten by Rovers then drawn nil nil with Queens Park. We beat them three nil so a result is possible but I understand the negativity, Tuesday was a difficult watch.

4-4-2 has worked pretty well against them. So expects it to be that.

Walton,
    Grimshaw, Gallagher, Holt, McMann,
    Cudj Tilson, Sibbald, Middleton
    Watt Moult

alough after tuesday Watt and Middleton dont deserve to start.

I think our title hopes rest on a knife edge at the moment and this game will tell us a lot about what we can expect for the remainder of the season. Obviously we need a win, but regardless of the result, if we don't see a noticeable increase in performance levels and improvement in quality and attitude from some players, then I think we can forget it.

A good result and commanding performance will show that their hearts and heads are still in it. More of the weak, tame, limp rubbish that we saw on Tuesday and I will take that as a sign that they've chucked it.

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    4-4-2 has worked pretty well against them. So expects it to be that.

Walton,
    Grimshaw, Gallagher, Holt, McMann,
    Cudj Tilson, Sibbald, Middleton
    Watt Moult

alough after tuesday Watt and Middleton dont deserve to start.
    I think I would be close to that side too, I'd have miller Thomson ahead of cujoe though, more pace and better defensive cover. think we need to go back to basics, and we have generally dealt with thistle quite well. A collective sigh though when you see guys like watt and tilson in the side, just assuming now docherty won't be fit.

I'd have miller Thomson ahead of cujoe though
    **** me Id rather have the MIL ahead of Cujoe, and shes been dead fr 10 years.......

But Cujoe needs to go away, toughen up and learn his trade, he is just not ready and in a struggling side is not the place to bring out his silky skills.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)