+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Guarniards view of the bottom of the prem

The Guarniards view of the bottom of the prem

https://www.theguardian.com/football...rest-brentford

Does this give us hope, we only need to be less crap than 3 others?

It is never over until the fat lady sings, as the saying goes. However, the ray of hope arising from the drubbing of Sheff U was nothing but a false dawn.

If we were picking up points at home, there might be some hope but that is not happening.

Interestingly, The Grauniad comments on the “naivity” of VK. That echoes many of the comments made on here.

It was also interesting that the author of the piece believes that the club recruited players who could play to VK’s style. I thought there was more evidence of that in last season’s squad than in the current squad routinely selected by VK. Based upon the performances and the results, there is little evidence to support the view expressed in the article.

A leopard does not change its spots.

We are already relegated IMHO and our Board have announced in unequivocal terms Kompany's job is not under threat.

Let's see what next season brings.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    A leopard does not change its spots.

We are already relegated IMHO and our Board have announced in unequivocal terms Kompany's job is not under threat.

Let's see what next season brings.
    I have been watching Leeds,Leicester and the Saints all look way better than us.FFS even Ipswich look better.If I remember they gave us a tough game in the cup with last season`s team.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    I have been watching Leeds,Leicester and the Saints all look way better than us.FFS even Ipswich look better.If I remember they gave us a tough game in the cup with last season`s team.
    Me and the tribe went to both of the Ipswich FA Cup ties last season and it was very obvious they would be competing at the top end of the Championship this season.

I cannot understand how we have gone so far backwards in such a short space of time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Me and the tribe went to both of the Ipswich FA Cup ties last season and it was very obvious they would be competing at the top end of the Championship this season.

I cannot understand how we have gone so far backwards in such a short space of time.
    We obviously recruited the wrong players in general - we just bought wrong thinking it would be Ok but it’s turned out we’re not at the moment - I figure the merry go round will continue as well as not all will want to stay for starters and the spine of the team needs stability - we don’t have it - but we are going to need it.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)