+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wayne Couzens.

Wayne Couzens.

The mind boggles as to how this man was ever appointed into the Metropolitan Police Force. There were so many red flags yet he was still allowed to join the force. What went wrong and who was ultimately to blame? The vetting system must have altered dramatically since my father joined the police force. I remember him telling me that, not only did the authorities go through his background with a ‘fine tooth comb’, but my mother’s as well. Obviously the system has altered dramatically, and obviously, not for the better!

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    The mind boggles as to how this man was ever appointed into the Metropolitan Police Force. There were so many red flags yet he was still allowed to join the force. What went wrong and who was ultimately to blame? The vetting system must have altered dramatically since my father joined the police force. I remember him telling me that, not only did the authorities go through his background with a ‘fine tooth comb’, but my mother’s as well. Obviously the system has altered dramatically, and obviously, not for the better!

Every copper should have their records rechecked and sacked immediately for any criminal offence!

As for this bag of s hit he should be raped by anybody who likes this thing - thrown in a washing machine and burnt. That’s what happened to that poor girl so perhaps a bit of the same for him!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Every copper should have their records rechecked and sacked immediately for any criminal offence!

As for this bag of s hit he should be raped by anybody who likes this thing - thrown in a washing machine and burnt. That’s what happened to that poor girl so perhaps a bit of the same for him!
    I’m sure there will be a few out there who know or knew a copper who you knew for a fact was a racist or was as dodgy as they come.

I knew a few.

I used to go out with a girl who’s mum was the PA to the Chief Inspector on our local force back in the 80’s.

I’ll never forget going to their New Year’s Eve bash and watching many of them drive off totally p I s s e d.

When I registered my shock the girls mum told me they just flashed their warrant card if stopped!

There’s always been plenty of coppers who were extremely dubious characters.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I’m sure there will be a few out there who know or knew a copper who you knew for a fact was a racist or was as dodgy as they come.

I knew a few.

I used to go out with a girl who’s mum was the PA to the Chief Inspector on our local force back in the 80’s.

I’ll never forget going to their New Year’s Eve bash and watching many of them drive off totally p I s s e d.

When I registered my shock the girls mum told me they just flashed their warrant card if stopped!

There’s always been plenty of coppers who were extremely dubious characters.

Totally agree Mick. It was well known by the law courts in Birmingham when pubs didn’t have late licences - cops and solicitors used to drink together and drive off pissed. Met loads of bent solicitors who fiddled the legal aid system. Heard a solicitor say when he produces his time sheet - it’s all logged and recorded!! Yes I bet it f uckin is!

Bet there’s quite a few dead people still registered at GP surgeries too 😂

Unbelievable!

Bent coppers are nothing new and whilst, in theory, police officers should set an example in their attitudes and behaviours many certainly do not and too many show a propensity for using excessive force, abuse of their power, ***ism and racism.

Like Mick and others on here, I've known a few coppers in my time so can vouch for that from personal experience. Ive also met some very good officers though and I still think that the majority are fine and try their best in a very difficult job and under very frustrating conditions but there remain a significant number who do not match the standards we should be able to expect from them.

I am sure that some are changed by their experiences on the job itself (as in the BBC drama "The Responder" which was written by someone who should know) but others -like Couzens-should never have been allowed to join in the first place. Certainly both vetting and monitoring processes need a big over-haul!

Quote Originally Posted by Omegstrat6 View Post
    Bent coppers are nothing new and whilst, in theory, police officers should set an example in their attitudes and behaviours many certainly do not and too many show a propensity for using excessive force, abuse of their power, ***ism and racism.

Like Mick and others on here, I've known a few coppers in my time so can vouch for that from personal experience. Ive also met some very good officers though and I still think that the majority are fine and try their best in a very difficult job and under very frustrating conditions but there remain a significant number who do not match the standards we should be able to expect from them.

I am sure that some are changed by their experiences on the job itself (as in the BBC drama "The Responder" which was written by someone who should know) but others -like Couzens-should never have been allowed to join in the first place. Certainly both vetting and monitoring processes need a big over-haul!
    Their body cam should be switched on for the entirety of their working day Omeg apart from toilet breaks.

It’s amazing what comes out of people’s mouths once their defences are down and people forget they are being recorded.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Their body cam should be switched on for the entirety of their working day Omeg apart from toilet breaks.

It’s amazing what comes out of people’s mouths once their defences are down and people forget they are being recorded.
    Very true!

My grandfather was a police sargeant and was heading for inspector when he started an affair with a woman whilst married to my nan. He was dragged in before his superiors to be told he had a choice of knocking the affair on the head and working at his marriage or he was gone from the force. He chose the other woman. Now it seems you can be guilty of anything and still remain in the force.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)