+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How long to we bury our heads in the sand..

Quote Originally Posted by Milburn9 View Post
    And for Tuts wage packet by the sound of things.
    I'll have to get the overtime in

Quote Originally Posted by Tutfoster1892 View Post
    😁😁😁

Quote Originally Posted by Tutfoster1892 View Post
    Loads of overtime going at Nissan whilst the scruffs are playing, apparently. ������

Aye, the backshift runs to thousands.

Quote Originally Posted by Milburn9 View Post
    Loads of overtime going at Nissan whilst the scruffs are playing, apparently. ������
    Judging by their crowds I think they will all be working each match day..

Plus.. sh1te money for a sh1te company to be fair

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    Conte has won a lot of trophies. Yet most clubs and certainly fans of those clubs fear bringing him in because of the money he needs to have in order to bring success, his ego and the fact that when he leaves - and he always does - he leaves most squads in a total mess. Look at Chelsea, Look at Inter, look at Spurs (with whom he won f*ck all). Same with Mourinho now.

Would I have Conte here instead of Eddie, despite Conte being a proven trophy winner? No.

So what happens when Eddie leaves? Who's going to, with this squad, win us anything more than the square root of f*ck all? No one comes to mind. "The guy at Brighton" - won nowt.

Give it time, trust the proces, have faith, let's not turn into Man City or Chelsea. Thanks.
    Well put hughie, I don’t understand how some can see into the future and us not winning anything with Eddie, we’ve got as much chance with him as anyone else. Some of these so called elite managers ie Potecchino,wouldn’t have done any better with the circumstances we’ve had. Back the team and manager and let’s stay positive.

Quote Originally Posted by tinostongue View Post
    Well put hughie, I don’t understand how some can see into the future and us not winning anything with Eddie, we’ve got as much chance with him as anyone else. Some of these so called elite managers ie Potecchino,wouldn’t have done any better with the circumstances we’ve had. Back the team and manager and let’s stay positive.
    well said Hughie & Tino.

I go back to my previous comments. We're 2 and a bit years into this journey. The club has done a 180 since they took control. We've signed great players & some we needed 'right now' to do a job, stay up and then kick on.

Miley & Anderson would never have got a look in previously, out on loan to some where garbage but still better than the toilet sniffers down the road, then cut loose for 'not being good enough'. The inclusion of other academy products like Joe White is testament to Eddie Howe's philosophy and the environment the whole team create around the training ground.

The directors are doing all the right things in all the avenues to develop the business, generate the revenue we need to continue to recruit the top quality players in that 22-25 yr bracket.

We haven't seen the best team on the pitch AT ALL this season.

If Having a full first team laced up ready to go at kick off:
    Isak, Gordon, Barnes, Bruno, Tonali, Joelinton, Botman, Tripz, Scahr, Pope, BDB & also having
    Wison, Miggy, Murphy, Willock, Longstaff, Miley, Livermento, Targett, Krafthinho
    all match fit to enable tactical changes we wouldn't be having any of these conversations. We'd be talking about booking flights to Milan again for next season.

Everything great. The only way is up but no mountain is a straight line from A to B, there is always undulations in the terrain to the summit of any mountain!

In Eddie We Trust

If you are discontent with the progress EH has made then you only need look back a few months and compare what success we have come through to what we endured the previous 14 years of total hopelessness and despair, going nowhere with no future. Staunch life time supporters giving season tickets back and Fatso facing dwindling attendances week by week with the first thought of most fans each season "can we avoid relegation this season."

It's so fresh in the mind and the current future so promising and if you remove the big blip of the unbelievable injuries and imagine what EH may have achieved this season, without them, I would be ashamed to even criticize the man.

Granted he's not been able to be a big trophy winner yet, but look at it in perspective.

How many big name trophy winners could have done on a purse string at Bournemouth, at one time not so long ago could have been out of the league to a strong to medium well set up Premiership club.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)