+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How long to we bury our heads in the sand..

How long to we bury our heads in the sand..

At the fact that maybe Eddie Howe isn't that great of a manager..

He's a good coach, midtable..

I know some on here will always support him etc.. and I he does actually have my backing but I can't help but feel that a lot of these injuries have came about from his type of training methods (intensity etc)..

He's a good manager.. we won't win anything with him in charge and I feel he is our Mark Hughes in what is our Robinho era..

I will bet my monthly wage Howe is not Newcastle manager at the end of next season..

Dangerous ground this but I have basically written off this year due to a catalogue of unfortunate circumstances, injuries and CL. I will defer my judgement until the end of next season. Until then he has my full support which has been totally earned.

For some reason even under many different managers we've always seemed to be on the wrong end of massive injuries.
    Also you have to put it all into perspective with Eddie.
    What he achieved with what he had to put together was amazing. He improved many players and some by a long margin (Joelinton).

Now think what we did this season and what hand we were dealt.
    A champions league group with no mercy within it and yet we very nearly qualified from it with only a PSG robbery being the difference.

Add to that the Carabao cup exit to Chelsea with a last gasp Mudryk equaliser from a baffling mistake by Trippier but for that very nearly put us in the semi-final.
    So near yet it seems so far at this stage and yet here we are in the quarter finals of the FA cup.

Add to that the FFP walloping the governing bodies are bestowing upon us with new rules getting made to ensure we can't compete.

You know what?
    I think Eddie Howe needs commending because the expectation upon him this season is way beyond the reasonable and yet he's managing it with a very level head, even though he's likely feeling the pressure inside.

And to think of the biggest teams we've had to negotiate inside this period up until now when you consider we only have a couple of bigger teams left to play up until May.

We've been unlucky in some ways and we've been well and truly been sold down the river in many ways I think.

The season when Eddie Howe came in we were close to relegation and not only did we negotiate it, we smashed it out of the park.
    Last season of 4th which was way beyond any expectation and a massive over-achievement is a credit already banked to Eddie and staff/players.

To think we're questioning at this stage of the season and where we are in the table with a lot of injuries clearing up....not to mention a way more favourable run in, I'd say we're still on for a decent season and certainly a season where Eddie gets a free ride anyway.

A bit long winded but I don't know how to condense that.

Quote Originally Posted by Magzer View Post
    For some reason even under many different managers we've always seemed to be on the wrong end of massive injuries.
    What he achieved with what he had to put together was amazing. He improved many players and some by a long margin (Joelinton).

A champions league group with no mercy within it and yet we very nearly qualified from it with only a PSG robbery being the difference.

Add to that the Carabao cup exit to Chelsea with a last gasp Mudryk equaliser from a baffling mistake by Trippier but for that very nearly put us in the semi-final.
    So near yet it seems so far at this stage and yet here we are in the quarter finals of the FA cup.

Add to that the FFP walloping the governing bodies are bestowing upon us with new rules getting made to ensure we can't compete.

You know what?
    I think Eddie Howe needs commending because the expectation upon him this season is way beyond the reasonable and yet he's managing it with a very level head, even though he's likely feeling the pressure inside.

And to think of the biggest teams we've had to negotiate inside this period up until now when you consider we only have a couple of bigger teams left to play up until May.

We've been unlucky in some ways and we've been well and truly been sold down the river in many ways I think.

The season when Eddie Howe came in we were close to relegation and not only did we negotiate it, we smashed it out of the park.
    Last season of 4th which was way beyond any expectation and a massive over-achievement is a credit already banked to Eddie and staff/players.

To think we're questioning at this stage of the season and where we are in the table with a lot of injuries clearing up....not to mention a way more favourable run in, I'd say we're still on for a decent season and certainly a season where Eddie gets a free ride anyway.

Like I have said he has done a good job, especially last season.. but he is not that man to take us to the next level..

Lets be honest here..

Quote Originally Posted by Tutfoster1892 View Post
    Like I have said he has done a good job, especially last season.. but he is not that man to take us to the next level..

Lets be honest here..
    I'm not having a pop mate I'm simply saying I afford him this season and another but that's just my thinking and everyone will differ/vary in theirs, including (maybe) the owners.
    Eddie might not be our new messiah and we might require an upgrade.
    But for this moment we have to back him and everyone at the club has to, especially if FFP is at play to scupper massive transition.

Quote Originally Posted by Magzer View Post

You know what?

Wonderfully put Magzer. I think this sums it up to a tee.

Lets be honest here..
    I get your drift, but for me he has to backed fully in the transfer market for a couple of windows yet and have a season with a clear run of injury and luck before I could truthfully say for sure whether he is or is not "that guy". Thats why he gets the benefit of the doubt for another season. He has banked massive credit in my mind.

At the fact that maybe Eddie Howe isn't that great of a manager..

He's a good coach, midtable..

I know some on here will always support him etc.. and I he does actually have my backing but I can't help but feel that a lot of these injuries have came about from his type of training methods (intensity etc)..

He's a good manager.. we won't win anything with him in charge and I feel he is our Mark Hughes in what is our Robinho era..

I will bet my monthly wage Howe is not Newcastle manager at the end of next season..
    Why didnt we have so many injuries last season then, and the season before that?

Why cant Howe win things? Do you really need anything more than a good coach, good team of backroom staff, nice set of players and a board that backs you?

And dont give me the "elite manager" crap. As if the managers that win things now, are the only ones that can win in the future. Like they are some dying breed.

Who would you like to take his position, when hes sacked some time next season?

Quote Originally Posted by toonviking View Post
    Why didnt we have so many injuries last season then, and the season before that?

Why cant Howe win things? Do you really need anything more than a good coach, good team of backroom staff, nice set of players and a board that backs you?

And dont give me the "elite manager" crap. As if the managers that win things now, are the only ones that can win in the future. Like they are some dying breed.

Who would you like to take his position, when hes sacked some time next season?
    A manager that has won something..... maybe..

A manager that has won something..... maybe..
    Not all better managers get better results. It can become a lottery.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)