+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O/T:- Forest on the move?

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    Wouldn’t be good for The Nest unless it was at Eastcroft. It would be at least a decade away if it ever happened though.
    They are trying to use the City Councils’ difficulties to buy the land at a cut down price.
    If they ended up in some soulless 50k bowl outside of the city centre, I think it would benefit us. So much of football is about history and heritage, and them leaving the City Ground would change the entire feel of the club. Everyone prefers inner-city stadia and being able to walk from the main train station. It would make Notts a more interesting club and Forest a duller one.

Disagree with slack pie as forest home games bring much needed revenue to notts via parking and the meadow club serving away fans, great income generating.

Quote Originally Posted by Smigpie View Post
    Disagree with slack pie as forest home games bring much needed revenue to notts via parking and the meadow club serving away fans, great income generating.
    True, I wasn't really thinking of the income streams.

Objectively speaking, it would be quite sad if they left the City Ground. Having the two football stadiums and cricket ground within about half a mile of each other is pretty unique and makes that part of the city more interesting. Again, objectively speaking, but the City Ground must be one of the best-looking stadiums with its position by the river.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    It's obviously a hollow threat to garner sympathy. An annual increase of £750,000 is a gnat's piss in the ocean to them. They probably pay more to a bench warmer in their bloated squad. The council have always favoured them so they will more than likely back down.
    About Harry Arters wage I imagine?! His agent pulled off an absolute blunder there!

Would be great if Forest moved from there, but it won’t happen.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    If they ended up in some soulless 50k bowl outside of the city centre, I think it would benefit us. So much of football is about history and heritage, and them leaving the City Ground would change the entire feel of the club. Everyone prefers inner-city stadia and being able to walk from the main train station. It would make Notts a more interesting club and Forest a duller one.
    I think times are changing and new fans want nice state of the art stadiums to watch successful teams play in.

Ultimately Forest having a 50k stadium would have a negative effect on Notts as long as they are in the Premiership or top end of the Championship as it would mean more people would get the chance to watch them, so we wouldn't get the chance to pull in any run offs who aren't really committed to either fan base but want to watch footy.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    Anyone else seen this story about Forest and the City Council having a ruckus about the City Ground land?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-68439547

Obviously I'm no Forest fan, but still £250k a year is way too cheap for that land rent. Forest might have players on more than that a week. Not surprised the council want more considering their own debt problems. There's really no need for them to subsidise Forest. The story has clearly been put out by the Forest board to Garner sympathy and get the public on board.

If they did up sticks and move to a shiny new stadium up the M1 do you think that would be good or bad for us?
    Am I missing something? If they move from the CG they will be looking at at least £500 Million to build a new stadium. It won't be in an area as accessible as the current ground so will prevent some people from attending due to the increased cost. In addition they will be spending far more on interrest repayments than £1 million a year. They will also get nothing back from the CG as they are just tenants.

Sounds like the worst bluff evah

I hope they do move and it becomes a financial disaster.
    I will book the Sherwood Rooms for 2030 and pledge £2 a week

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusCole View Post
    Am I missing something? If they move from the CG they will be looking at at least £500 Million to build a new stadium. It won't be in an area as accessible as the current ground so will prevent some people from attending due to the increased cost. In addition they will be spending far more on interrest repayments than £1 million a year. They will also get nothing back from the CG as they are just tenants.

If they did move they would be petitioning the council to extend the tram.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusCole View Post

How much wasteland is there at Broadmarsh that the council doesn’t know what to do with? Sticking an arena there really would make them the city club (so let’s hope it’s a nonstarter).

A rumour coming from a couple of parents within the youth team set up is that Forest will be relocating to a new training facility as they need to improve their current one to maintain their Cat A (if that is the correct grading) status for the academy and the current venue doesn’t offer for the expansion and development required, but when they do move we will get their current base to enable our academy to move up a category.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12