+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shrimps

Quote Originally Posted by Terrierstan View Post
    Never said it was the ref who cost us, defence and keeper were pretty average yesterday!! I don't come on here to slag the club or the players they're my team and support them whatever!! Also i saw all the game not just the highlights and the ref was poor!! Will agree we struggle to fill the ground even when we were in the championship we hardly ever filled it!!
    You slagged the ref off and that was OK?

LB says the whole time the players are trained to play as they are told. It really doesn't look that was a I learned the basics of football without needed a coach. Yet we have loads of managers and defenders that cannot defend the basics of the game. I applaud what they have achieved this year but imo they are not good enough for promotion. Crewe doesn't deserve a good football team as we are pathetic to advertise the club and the people would rather support Stoke..Its far too expensive and nothing is done to get the crowd in. They did reduce the ticket prices once and it worked wonders. Why don't they do that more often and get rid of all the managers at the club who do actually nothing. We need better players, not more managers and get rid of the useless academy. Most clubs are like us and have reams of coaches and managers when all that is needed is ONE manager like they used to..each manager and coach replaces a footballer...Work that one out?

I know, play all the coaches and managers and then we can get rid of all the players!
    Last edited by MikeSB; 03-03-2024 at 01:32 PM.

No more from me on this thread !!

Quote Originally Posted by Terrierstan View Post
    No more from me on this thread !!
    You’ll learn.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    You’ll learn.
    Haha..

Well there may just be me posting here as where are the 4000 alex fans when you need them to TRY and explain to the club what went wrong yesterday?

I refuse to go onto whatever they call those media sites now and this is supposed to be a football site?

Keep paying your money and blame the ref....Hahaha.. Read my expert opnion of actually playing this game and you may learn something about football....It really is an easy game that does not need more than one manager....over a 100 years that was the case and now half a dozen is needed? What for exactly?

Next session of the academy tomorrow is when LB tells his players to mark the man and not ball watch...I learned that many years ago playing for the infants...

Free of charge that is and no million quid academy needed....

Plenty of people still reading this site despite not them being real fans actually as they would really like to express what went wrong yesterday and was it the 96th minute when they scored?
    Last edited by MikeSB; 03-03-2024 at 02:52 PM.

I guess the sudden appearance must mean we lost. Can I remind people that it is possible for people to comment on here even if we win and not just if we lose.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    I guess the sudden appearance must mean we lost. Can I remind people that it is possible for people to comment on here even if we win and not just if we lose.
    Yes. There are a couple of others who have gone quiet too. Posters who couldn’t say a good word about Offord for instance. No response to the points total.
    As for MSB, the arrogance is world class.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    Yes. There are a couple of others who have gone quiet too. Posters who couldn’t say a good word about Offord for instance. No response to the points total.
    As for MSB, the arrogance is world class.
    I was surprised hardly any posts on our great wins at Stockport and Notts County. I am amazed that the alex crowd at those games sounded brilliant and yet few wanted to comment on those victories? Of course some may say they post on facebook or twitter etc but I have never joined them as they are not football forums.

Its great that I get challenged for my desire to try and find out why we lost on Saturday when we were two goals up and yet two posters both want to comment on me posting here? Great, they need a lesson in HOW to post on a football forum. I will add that gazan does comment on the games crtically when he goes to or watches and in reality that is all that is wanted on this forum...We went from second place in the league to fourth all based on a poor showing seemingly and all I am asking is why that was? Is that so difficult a question? Seemingly so..I ask why so many posts are read but they find trouble logging on to post their thoughts and that has nowt to do with me..LB will be or should be furious tomorrow that we let that game go so easily..He is not running the club down, he wants to know why and what can be done..ie the same as me!

I can only watch highlights and yet get criticised even when doing that. I say again, there was not one other Crewe fan that I saw away at Barrow some years ago and so have done my bit when nobody else cared!

Just post thoughts on a loss and win on games that is not a difficult question is it??????

You many recall that Offord had a bad season last year with some posters saying he should be got rid of at the time..Will the club sign him next season is the question...ditto, Long?

Me posting here should not stop others posting on results or does it challenge your brain to do even that?
    Last edited by MikeSB; 03-03-2024 at 10:41 PM.

[QUOTE=MikeSB;40462331]I

Great, they need a lesson in HOW to post on a football forum.
    Really?
    As I said Mike, your arrogance is outstanding. Perhaps stop harking back to years ago, be a bit more humble (golf handicap, number of qualifications, your brilliant footballing past etc, spring to mind) and other posters might take you more seriously.
    As for your “solo” supporting of Crewe away, just stop and think for a moment. I would guess that the 7/8/9 posters on here are of a similar age to you. Perhaps they were there as well, but just don’t go on about it? I certainly attended many away games with only a handful or supporters.

[QUOTE=jimmyboldon;40462338]
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    I

Great, they need a lesson in HOW to post on a football forum.
    Really?
    As I said Mike, your arrogance is outstanding. Perhaps stop harking back to years ago, be a bit more humble (golf handicap, number of qualifications, your brilliant footballing past etc, spring to mind) and other posters might take you more seriously.
    As for your “solo” supporting of Crewe away, just stop and think for a moment. I would guess that the 7/8/9 posters on here are of a similar age to you. Perhaps they were there as well, but just don’t go on about it? I certainly attended many away games with only a handful or supporters.
    Yes, it was a bit flippant and me just responding in my old ways.... No, I think its good to think about the old days when we were young and inexperienced and now some of us are old and inexperienced..

Actually I like all Crewe fans that post here and others that don't post here as I find PL football and players I dunno how to express that really. I would rather watch us get beat than watch ManC v ManU with a free ticket. I suposes my job, yes my job.. was about problem solving and so I think how things could be better and that means commenting on how our club could be better in some respects.

actually i am not arrogant at all and me and Andy the late railwayman/announcer who we used to meet up sometimes at home matches had a good humoured debate often about our team good and bad..If you knew about my upbringing then you would be less critical imo as none of us know how we really are until we meet up...I really don't think you would think I was arrogant in any way...Just words you know...Fans can comment on here about matches without even referring to my posts as I like others opinions on the game..No Crewe fan can be happy that we lost that game on Saturday!
    Last edited by MikeSB; 03-03-2024 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    Nowt to do with the ref. Watched the highlights and the defence was terrible as was Micky and the GK and sorry but this does not look like an automatic promotion team or winning that many more games to me at least. We have lost two home games 3-2 to two teams below us despite leading in both games. Micky can score goals but he is never a centre half imho..Our defenders were looking at the ball instead of covering their players. Pretty basic stuff and we now have four touch line managers and a million pound academy training? Bring back Dave Ewing!
    We don't need loads of managers but decent defenders...at half the cost! This is not a L1 team. Far from it imo.

BTW the home crowd numbers were terrible being we are in the top 3. Half the match ticket costs to bring up the numbers..

Our left back passed the ball to them and they scored. Didn't anyone at the academy tell him to boot the ball into the stand in these situations...Too much dilly dalying and trying to be Real Madrid..
    Apart from failure to spot at least one penalty, I agree Mike. The referee was not responsible for our conceding those goals. However, he was awful. I was at the match, and he let stuff go that he should have pulled up and pulled things up he should have let go. In his favour, I would say he was dreadful from both teams perspective so even handed.
    The defence was not at its best from the start. Mickey D has been an excellent signing for us this season but he is not without flaws. This is why he is playing in League 2!
    Sitting 3rd or 4th in the table, any defeat we suffer is likely to be to a lower placed team. That is the point of competition Mike.
    I also agree that we don't look like a promotion team, but we may make it either automatically or via the play off. That said we have suffered injuries to several significant players this season, notably Powell, Tabiner, Long, Williams and Tracey carried an injury for several weeks but played because it was needed.

As for booting the ball out of play when in trouble, the players are encouraged to play themselves out of trouble mostly but I guess there are times when row Z is a plausible option.

As for your comment regarding the crowd. Our numbers are relatively decent given the cost of living crisis and several Premier League teams within a 40 mile radius which is bound to have an effect.

As regard to the number of "managers" on the touch line. If we had just the one we would be the only club at virtually any level you might care to name. Ever heard the expression "two heads are better than one"?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12