+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Team For Bradford

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Interesting selection. Albeit controversial. When has Bostock ever played at the back?
    Never, as far as I know. I’ve just a feeling that his physique, vision and ball playing skills may be an option that we’ve overlooked. I imagine he has the ability to see danger earlier than Baldwin and certainly Cameron too….whether he could do it in defence where he is the last man, I don’t know…. but we’ve tried everything else there!

I suspect there will be a few pleasant surprises in our starting 11 today
    SM has had a chance to see the strengths and weaknesses of our squad now
    And he doesn't have quite such a gung ho approach as Luke
    Fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Never, as far as I know. I’ve just a feeling that his physique, vision and ball playing skills may be an option that we’ve overlooked. I imagine he has the ability to see danger earlier than Baldwin and certainly Cameron too….whether he could do it in defence where he is the last man, I don’t know…. but we’ve tried everything else there!
    My concern with Bostock is that, from a defensive, point of view he will absolutely see danger early. When he looks in the bathroom mirror. Wonderful player but needs to be much further forward to cause damage to them, not us.

Quote Originally Posted by M0ufMk3 View Post
    My concern with Bostock is that, from a defensive, point of view he will absolutely see danger early. When he looks in the bathroom mirror. Wonderful player but needs to be much further forward to cause damage to them, not us.
    😂😂 he hasn’t had a great couple of months I agree, but he has one of the best mentalities in the squad. If anyone can switch positions and excel then it is him.

Much as I love John B and admire his abilities and reading of the game he is akin to Paul Scholes.
    Scholes was a wonderful player but like JB his tackling skills were certainly not his strength.
    John Bostock has given away two penalties this season from my memory may be more ?
    Not entirely his fault but trying to remedy faults by others , failing to close down and tackle ,particularly the early one at Grimsby.
    In addition, JB has received yellow cards
    ( not all justified ) for fouls in the middle of the pitch.
    On that basis , I personally wouldn't play him at the back.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    I don't think he's a defender personally. He's a bit of a vanity player really who since Palmer has been injured has not looked the part. He's not alone either. I am however impressed that you found a way to make the defence potentially worse!

With his tackling and needing time on the ball he would be a liability in defence imo.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I don't think he's a defender personally. He's a bit of a vanity player really who since Palmer has been injured has not looked the part. He's not alone either. I am however impressed that you found a way to make the defence potentially worse!
    Yeah fair play.

He has given away a few penalties this season as well. I think everyone wants to tighten up the defence but when it comes to picking the players it is really difficult. It’s not as if we’re ever torn apart, it’s just stupid lapses of concentration and will that does us….and the players don’t seem to understand why they’re starting to get pelters.

TSANHO would stick anyone in to keep Cameron out.🤔

Quote Originally Posted by DuckPie View Post
    TSANHO would stick anyone in to keep Cameron out.🤔
    So would i. Id rather play with 10 men

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast