+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Team For Bradford

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Magpie View Post
    Is Warner injured? I would have him instead of Rawlinson who seems a little cumbersome and lacking in pace. I would also be tempted not to swap keepers again. Chopping and changing can't help with communication / confidence. A little continuity there would help build understanding... is Slocombe that much of a step up?
    Wonder if the forgotten man Bajrami is near fit, seem to see him training on Videos, can't be any worse than what we've had playing for us, could use him in midfield or as a defender. Don't get the Warner thing as he's not really impressed in matches so far.

Read before he came that Norwich were looking to see where he would get most game time before sending him out, so we might be committed to playing him?

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    ........................Slocombe.................. .

Macari....Baldwin... Rawlinson....Chicksen

Jones......Robertson.....Obrien ......Nemane

..........................Crawley................. .........

.........................Macca.................... ........

I'd have Jones on the left and Nemane on the right, and in more of a 4-2-3-1 as Matt Magpie says, but fundamentally it's probably the best we've got. Toss a coin over whether you prefer Jaden Warner's height and pace, or Rawlinson's experience.

......Ashby
    Macari, Baldwin, Cameron, Chicksen
    Austin, JOB, Robertson, Jones
    ..Crowley
    .Langstaff.

I don't think we can go away from home and play Jones, Nemane and Crowley together. Every time I've seen us do it we've been outgunned physically.
    Not happy with any of the goalkeeping choices or any of the centre half combinations really. It's got to be seen as a recruitment failure that Jimbo still looks our second most lively central midfielder too.
    For all Maynards faults when you look at trying to pick a team that won't ship goals we look short of players for the task.

Quote Originally Posted by eastwoodmagpie View Post
    Wonder if the forgotten man Bajrami is near fit, seem to see him training on Videos, can't be any worse than what we've had playing for us, could use him in midfield or as a defender. Don't get the Warner thing as he's not really impressed in matches so far.
    He is out for the season did his ACL.

He will be running and then move onto ball work on his own but I’d guess he is not in any contact training yet.

He has been a big miss this season as a squad player for sure and can play a few positions, but as I said about Scott we have no idea how he will return after this injury same as Palmer it is not an easy injury to fully recover from.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    For all Maynards faults when you look at trying to pick a team that won't ship goals we look short of players for the task.
    Maynard hasn't been here long enough for me to really judge what his faults are, aside from results to date, but you're right that we're very, very short of players who are good out of possession.

Scott Robertson goes some way to addressing that and has been our most consistent performer in recent weeks, but we need several more.

Every successful Notts team I've ever seen (in the EFL) has had a big, rugged, dominant and experienced centre-half - Short, Foster, Jacobsen, Strodder, Lee to name a few - and I don't think we have one at present. That's a massive weakness in the current team.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I'd have Jones on the left and Nemane on the right, and in more of a 4-2-3-1 as Matt Magpie says, but fundamentally it's probably the best we've got. Toss a coin over whether you prefer Jaden Warner's height and pace, or Rawlinson's experience.
    Not convinced about Jaden Warner at all, he may have the height but have not seen him win many balls in the air, not really a improvement on Rawlinson.

Quote Originally Posted by eastwoodmagpie View Post
    Not convinced about Jaden Warner at all, he may have the height but have not seen him win many balls in the air, not really a improvement on Rawlinson.
    Experience is sometimes the most overrated commodity in sport, but it's generally true that centre-halves mature over time and see their best years around age 30, when they use their experience to read the game and still have the physical attributes to boot (literally). Warner will probably become a very good player when he learns how to fully use his physical advantages, but at present he looks raw.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Read before he came that Norwich were looking to see where he would get most game time before sending him out, so we might be committed to playing him?
    So far he as not been any better than what we've got, was expecting better

Warner’s playing his first few first team games in professional football, I think people have to show some patience with him, particularly with the quality of other options. After all he is very highly rated at Norwich.

I would imagine he’s injured anyway for tomorrow.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast