+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 📅Pre-Match Build-Up Thread: Bradford City (A) 02.03.24

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    If you listen to Radio Red they are robbed by poor officiating every game.

I don't think they've ever had a decision go their way.
    Oh dear. Oh dear. Oh dear.
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...y-32258183.amp

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    I'm not risking going to any bakeries tomorrow morning, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Apparently the Bradford and Notts supporters arranged a friendly on the pitch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O72ldNXbozA
    Ha ha watching that goalkeeping is like watching Notts!

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I'm not risking going to any bakeries tomorrow morning, that's for sure.
    I can imagine it was quite a slow chase...

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I can imagine it was quite a slow chase...

So, yesterday's match being called off helpful or not helpful to Maynard?

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I don't think it really matters, we're not going down and we're not going up.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Not helpful at all, after something like Tuesday night it’s important to get straight back on it and prove the doubters wrong….if you have any bottle about you anyway.

This thing about working on stuff on the training ground is guff at this stage of the season, everyone knows what they should be doing. A very high percentage of the goals we are conceding is not down to training but piss poor concentration and application. Until we’ve players that can focus for 90 minutes our problems at the back are clearly going to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Not helpful at all, after something like Tuesday night it’s important to get straight back on it and prove the doubters wrong….if you have any bottle about you anyway.

This thing about working on stuff on the training ground is guff at this stage of the season, everyone knows what they should be doing. A very high percentage of the goals we are conceding is not down to training but piss poor concentration and application. Until we’ve players that can focus for 90 minutes our problems at the back are clearly going to continue.
    You're probably right, and also I think he's under less pressure away, so Bradford may have been a lost opportunity to halt the run of defeats before the next game at Meadow Lane which - as Stall observed - has the potential to turn toxic if Notts repeat recent home results/performances.

OP67 is correct to point out that we're not going down, but with a 7 point gap and a game in hand to 7th it would criminal to just give up on the play offs with a quarter of the season still to go. Seems as though we have though.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post

This is the thing the coaches can only do so much on the training ground and manage the game.

Ultimately it’s the players that cross the white line. You could have Pep or Mike Bassett as manager but they can’t stop a player or players losing concentration or making silly mistakes.

Luke Williams mentioned this about getting bored of doing the right things or something along those lines. A classic switching off.

Every game of football is littered with mistakes and errors and usually the one that makes the least mistakes wins the game. The same goes for players. The ones that make the least mistakes play at the highest levels because they are consistent.

For us this season we’ve made mistakes but they have been ones that we have been punished for. We are playing at a higher level so some players could have made such mistakes in the National league and not be punished for it.

With the head coach or manager you’ve got to look at the tactics, game management, style of play and assess and decide if it’s having a positive or negative effect on the performance and results.

As for Stuart Maynard. He may as well see the season out for me and I’d sooner us have played yesterday. The sample of results is too small for me to make an informed judgement on whether he is the man to take us forward. The Mansfield, Wrexham and Newport games were good performances and we deserved more than 3 points from those games. Barrow was a decent point at the time. Gillingham, Crewe and Sutton were poor performances with mistakes that we were punished for.

We desperately need some good performances at home and some wins from now until the end of the season.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast