+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 📅Pre-Match Build-Up Thread: Bradford City (A) 02.03.24

Unusually, I will be there. Unfortunately I’m not really looking forward to it. Pitch will be poor, I think. We will need to be up for it. Like the first half performance at Meadow Lane, not second half.

Quote Originally Posted by applepie2 View Post
    Unusually, I will be there. Unfortunately I’m not really looking forward to it. Pitch will be poor, I think. We will need to be up for it. Like the first half performance at Meadow Lane, not second half.
    I'll be there mate and thought we'd get a spanking but maybe it's going to be classic Notts where we are actually good when expected to be crap.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    The number of times that Maynard keeps referring to “we as the Management team” just makes me feel that he and his ‘management team’ are distanced from the players which is so different to how Luke Williams managed the group. It sounds as if they are demanding respect rather than trying to earn it. I think it must be hard for some of the senior players to be coached and shouted at by a 34 years old 1st team coach who achieved nothing in football. I wish them well but would prefer him to use the term ‘we as a group’.
    He said that when he first joined, I think he’s being inclusive to his other staff and if he says group how do we know it’s the management team.
    Footballers won’t care, LW had no career, footballers want good training, management approachable and most of all being picked.

I was facetious in the prediction thread but in case anyone hasn't seen it...

After heavy rainfall this afternoon, match referee David Rock is reassessing the pitch at the @UniofBradford Stadium, as we await the arrival of both managers.

We will continue to keep supporters updated on the status of the match.

https://twitter.com/officialbantams/...14100126646642

This afternoon’s scheduled visit of Notts County has been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.

Heavy rainfall over the past few hours in BD8 has meant that the surface at the University of Bradford Stadium is now unplayable, having passed a pitch inspection earlier this morning.

Match referee David Rock assessed the pitch both virtually and physically earlier today, deeming it playable, though conditions over the past few hours have meant the fixture can no longer be held, despite the best efforts of club officials to ensure the match could take place.

A meeting was held from 1.00pm today with managers of both teams to discuss all options, including the possibility of a later kick-off time. The match officials gave the match every opportunity to be played, which we believed it could, and are fully appreciative of the support and cooperation of the officials.

https://www.bradfordcityafc.com/news...-notts-county/

Quote Originally Posted by OchPie View Post
    This afternoon’s scheduled visit of Notts County has been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.

Heavy rainfall over the past few hours in BD8 has meant that the surface at the University of Bradford Stadium is now unplayable, having passed a pitch inspection earlier this morning.

Match referee David Rock assessed the pitch both virtually and physically earlier today, deeming it playable, though conditions over the past few hours have meant the fixture can no longer be held, despite the best efforts of club officials to ensure the match could take place.

A meeting was held from 1.00pm today with managers of both teams to discuss all options, including the possibility of a later kick-off time. The match officials gave the match every opportunity to be played, which we believed it could, and are fully appreciative of the support and cooperation of the officials.

https://www.bradfordcityafc.com/news...-notts-county/
    Absolute **** from Bradistan as the Notts team wouldn’t have been there by 1pm.
    Looking at pictures on social media that game should have been called off way before dinner time.
    Gutted as got here paid for parking just for this. Shambles from Bradford

Quote Originally Posted by WarsopPie View Post
    Absolute **** from Bradistan as the Notts team wouldn’t have been there by 1pm.
    Looking at pictures on social media that game should have been called off way before dinner time.
    Gutted as got here paid for parking just for this. Shambles from Bradford
    FFS…..driven through the sh***y conditions and got halfway to the ground soaking wet through to find it called off….well done you tin pot yorkies…should have been called off way before now! 😩

I had a look at their forum last night and quite a few of their fans were expecting it to be called off then.

F*****g joke.

Stayed overnight and just turned up to be told it’s cancelled.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast