+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 📅Pre-Match Build-Up Thread: Bradford City (A) 02.03.24

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The number of times that Maynard keeps referring to “we as the Management team” just makes me feel that he and his ‘management team’ are distanced from the players which is so different to how Luke Williams managed the group. It sounds as if they are demanding respect rather than trying to earn it. I think it must be hard for some of the senior players to be coached and shouted at by a 34 years old 1st team coach who achieved nothing in football. I wish them well but would prefer him to use the term ‘we as a group’.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    The number of times that Maynard keeps referring to “we as the Management team” just makes me feel that he and his ‘management team’ are distanced from the players which is so different to how Luke Williams managed the group. It sounds as if they are demanding respect rather than trying to earn it. I think it must be hard for some of the senior players to be coached and shouted at by a 34 years old 1st team coach who achieved nothing in football. I wish them well but would prefer him to use the term ‘we as a group’.
    He said that when he first joined, I think he’s being inclusive to his other staff and if he says group how do we know it’s the management team.
    Footballers won’t care, LW had no career, footballers want good training, management approachable and most of all being picked.