+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pickel?

Pickel?

Has anyone tried this growing sport yet?

It’s growing at a massive rate and we are becoming heavily invested in it in the same way we have with Padel.

Pickel is easier to set up as it’s played on a badminton court with a low net similar to tennis but Pickel bats are more like table tennis bats.

All age groups are playing but it’s a particularly good sport for the less fit and not so nimble as in their youth types.

I know a few people in their 30’d who love it, Andre Agassi now prefers it to tennis!

Worth a go if you fancy something new.

These are pro’s but it gives you the idea….

https://youtu.be/aRRy0kpiP0s?si=u1ZzOOiDMZgzguLj

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

It’s growing at a massive rate and we are becoming heavily invested in it in the same way we have with Padel.

Pickel is easier to set up as it’s played on a badminton court with a low net similar to tennis but Pickel bats are more like table tennis bats.

All age groups are playing but it’s a particularly good sport for the less fit and not so nimble as in their youth types.

I know a few people in their 30’d who love it, Andre Agassi now prefers it to tennis!

Never tried it nor never even heard of it till now. Use to plat table tennis, so I like the look of this. Pretty agile movements and fast enough for eye hand coordination.. Ill keep an eye on her now.

Never heard of this before tbh but whilst my initial reaction was along the lines of "why bother and just play proper tennis" I did quite enjoy watching so can actually see how this weird combination of tennis and table tennis appeals. Loved the quite long volley rallies -don't think you'd see a lot of that in tennis!😀

Quote Originally Posted by Omegstrat6 View Post
    Never heard of this before tbh but whilst my initial reaction was along the lines of "why bother and just play proper tennis" I did quite enjoy watching so can actually see how this weird combination of tennis and table tennis appeals. Loved the quite long volley rallies -don't think you'd see a lot of that in tennis!😀
    Pickel is the fastest growing sport in the USA and the world in general Omeg.

I note that Dubs mentioned how agile the players looked but that’s due to them being pro’s.

It’s one of those sports that works well if you’re all of a certain age, you can find clips of older people enjoying it.

The numbers now playing across the world are huge and because it can be so easily set up on existing courts it’ll catch on quick in the U.K. now.

If you’ve never seen Padel it’s a fabulous sport, take a look……it’s a mix of squash and tennis, it’s fantastic fun to play.

https://youtu.be/Yrd3Px1uyTI?si=Syua7KAumyZeDzEH

Hi Mick,

I played it once at Centre Parcs, enjoyable game and slower than tennis, a good work out though.

It's a great entry level game for less experienced players and older people I reckon... you can't beat a game of tennis though!

Have been in one a few times!
    Joking aside also saw it at centre parcs, looks like a fun game.

I have played a couple of times to please friends but I am a huge racquetball player. i used to be a squash player but too old to get serio7us about new games.

Still got to be fit, very much the same movement as tennis. We had people in their 80’s playing tennis at our club, much slower but they all said that if they missed 2 weeks they wouldn’t be able to play anymore. It was all about keeping it up at that age. Kept them alive.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Still got to be fit, very much the same movement as tennis. We had people in their 80’s playing tennis at our club, much slower but they all said that if they missed 2 weeks they wouldn’t be able to play anymore. It was all about keeping it up at that age. Kept them alive.
    Not really, just like two old and c r a p table tennis players can dob it around at their own pace Pickel is the same.

That’s why it’s proving so popular and the uptake on it has been so fast.

A lot of people are just playing it socially.

Biggest age group demographic taking it up is over 55’s mate…..in their hundreds of thousands, very few of these will be in the “fit” category.

Trust me, I might be a f u c k wit but I am an expert in my field of business! 😏🤣

https://youtu.be/NgpUA2TfF3U?si=i3fBrdCzqTNRg7C0

Not really, just like two old and c r a p table tennis players can dob it around at their own pace Pickel is the same.

That’s why it’s proving so popular and the uptake on it has been so fast.

A lot of people are just playing it socially.

Biggest age group demographic taking it up is over 55’s mate…..in their hundreds of thousands, very few of these will be in the “fit” category.

Trust me, I might be a f u c k wit but I am an expert in my field of business! 😏🤣

https://youtu.be/NgpUA2TfF3U?si=i3fBrdCzqTNRg7C0
    I would never call you that Mick 🤣
    It’s great to see people trying to get some exercise in. Looks good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)