+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Leeds United - v - Huddersfield Town ***Matchday Thread***

Pi55ed off Saturday nights ain't for me

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Pace only works on the break, against a packed defence its not going to gain anything
    Sort of but he was in space so much in the last 20 minutes and we played mostly down the left

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Pace only works on the break, against a packed defence its not going to gain anything
    Rubbish. It's not that pace doesn't work against a packed defence, it's that with pace MUST come skill at being able to beat defenders, as Saka and others in the PL can and do, something only James has shown any signs of being able to do at LUFC, together with a readiness on the part of the teeth of the attack to know where to be and when to get on the end of assists, as Salah and others know (and do) very well. We don't have players of the level, no matter how much Summerville thinks he is some kind of combination of Mbape and Messi.

We don't have enough pace on left and right, a result of historic under-investment and ignorance of needing to have attacking threat on both sides of the field. Our dependence on one "tooth" in what should be a f00king row of razor sharp weapons was laid bare during todays match, and that much maligned soldier was the one way we actually threatened (I refer to Bamford, of course). We showed against Chelsea that we CAN threaten, we CAN make defences wake up and smell the coffee, we just don't (and haven't had for a LONG time despite the recent run of results) had the consistency and determination to make EVERYONE do so. Der Fuhrer needs to carck some whips, and adopt "Bielsa-ball" tactics to make the 1st team candidates sweat their f00king bollox off to make sure they get a 1st team spot, and keep it.

As per another post on this thread, "not so bothered" should figure for not one single micro-second in the thoughts of player and manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    I would have given Joseph the nod over Piroe today.
    After scoring 2 against a supposedly prem top 6 side, I’m sure he thought he stood a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    After scoring 2 against a supposedly prem top 6 side, I’m sure he thought he stood a chance.
    Agreed, and another means of keeping those who think they are a "shoe in" for 1st team positions keen.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypie7 View Post
    Leeds had to play away midweek. Hudds did not. The have to play, early game away. The run had to end, we didn't lose and for the above reasons, I am not that bothered. Pick up and go next week.
    Couple of other, longer term "issues" we might all be a "bit bothered" about.....depending on promotion (anyone care to put big bucks on us if we depend in the playoffs?).

If we aren't promoted;

1. 49ers have stated publicly that any ER redevelopment is tied to promotion, so the ground, capacity, and it's "facilities" will remain the open sewer it is at present (unless you have an exec box of course)

2. All those players with PL aspirations will be gone (Summerville, Rutter, Gray (despite his links to LUFC, see my comments on the Gray contract thread), Meslier, Struijk, and a few others who would be happy to warm benches with a PL wage as opposed to doing that same for LUFC).

Nothing to be bothered about of course.

This Elland Road expansion has been going on for a while now hasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    This Elland Road expansion has been going on for a while now hasn't it?
    No it hasn't (unless you don't some tarmac.to cover the sh1theap car park that used to cover the west end of Elland Road). There are large areas of the stadium they can't open because they aren't safe to do so (Yeah, I may not have been there in a while but I know stuff!). The place is a disgrace and would be an embarrassment to the supporters if those from Schitty, Scum (yes, Old Trafford needs work, but not like ER), Spurs Arsenal, Chelsea etc), were to be visitors in the same league (the Luton stadium has a sub-20k capacity but at least the toilets work!)

Oh, and we bought a sh1t second hand pitch from spurs to replace the ploughed field the ER pitch had become, that then had to be dug up and replaced in less than a season, if that's what you mean about "expansion"?

Been talk of ER expansion since 2019.

So around 5 years , that is quite a while in my book and would like to see something done in my life time.

IF we ever want to dine at the top table again then the sooner the better.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)