+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts and questions for Ogren and Goodwin

Thoughts and questions for Ogren and Goodwin

Hi guys, sorry for lack of participation, I've been extremely busy working away.

What a mess this club is. Even if we do go up, the club is currently set up to fail. Continuing to yo yo is a realistic prospect. The playing side needs a complete overhaul. Can't believe I'm saying this but I'm not even sure which league I want us to be in.
    So many questions but will post only a few:
    For Ogren - I have a real concern that we are becoming an irrelevant club.
    Every single penny you have spent is on you and punishing the fans is not an option.
    Regardless of which league we're in, man up and state will you sell or stay?
    If staying, keep the next 5 year plan to yourself, but given the number of fans supporting and spending hard earned, we're entitled to know what the start of each season's objective will be and the plans to ensure it happens.
    In regards to signings, we get that some work, some don't. But don't put the team in a position to be unlucky by sanctioning players who have a history of missing more games than they play, to get extensions and/or be signed.
    Also failing to recruit and/or replace key long term injured and/or duds during transfer windows is disrespectful to the fans and incompetent.
    You need to look at who is in charge of recruitment.
    Also please start to read the room and pick up on vibes, eg, is there any plans to groundshare or is this nonsense.

For Goodwin:
    I pulled up a quote from Danny Blanchflower;
    “The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It's nothing of the kind. The game is about glory. It is about doing things in style, with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom.”

Jim - You'll point to league position and bat off criticism so my questions relate to attitude/mentality and performance.
    1- We are not seeing the team busting a gut to get a result, there is lack of leadership on and off the pitch. This team bottle the crunch must wins, this on you and your backroom staff, also your choice of captain for the game.
    2- The football we are watching is poor standard. Win, lose or draw, anyone who thinks we're being entertained needs to have their bumps felt and again his is on you.
    3- Your tactics both pre and in play to change mentality and performance. Very questionable to say the least.

What you doing about above?

Not holding my breath for getting a positive result today because we haven't recently coped with must wins.
    Even if we did win today our home form needs to drastically improve, both for players and our confidence.

Would be nice to feel happy after a game.

Would be nice to feel happy after a game.[/QUOTE]

You’ll have to get Happys’ consent first

Sounds like a I ott post, finishing first is all that matters then build in summer

We can still finish first, lots of people has it's mid table when predicting how this season would go

Whilst getting up is the priority, as original poster says, what is the point if we have absolute nothing in place, esp in terms of recruitment, to prevent us going back down again? It's a bit like dismissing a poor performance because you have won, just puts the problem off until further down the road.

As it is, if we had cruised the league we'd have been in a far stronger position to rebuild early. Tbf we do have the advantage of most players have been recruited sensibly on fairly short term deals, and if there is any advantage of limping over the line (fingers crossed), it will stop any deluded talk that would have come from cruising the league that these players were top flight quality.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Sounds like a I ott post, finishing first is all that matters then build in summer

We can still finish first, lots of people has it's mid table when predicting how this season would go
    From you Mr Iffy 🤣🤣
    Think you missed the point of the post which is about seeing the bigger picture.
    I always wondered why you couldn't see what rest of us could.
    It's probably cos you're facing the wrong way and always looking back at previous games and then throwing useless stats.

Btw if this and if that then yes we can, but it's a tough gig supporting through and through over the last few years.

I would like Ogren to be asked if it's right that United supporters money should be servicing a huge debt owed to him when it's not us in any way that accrued it?!
    To Goodwin why have the standards on the pitch fallen so dramatically from earlier in the season? (Last 8 league games=11 points!)

I'd like to know why the wage structure was fractured bringing in players that were nowhere near the required standard. I'd also like to know why the Foundation was asked to fund a percentage of the upkeep of Tannadice. The business plan that has been implemented under this owner has been short-sighted and needed certain factors to come to fruition, which they haven't.

As for the manager, in the game today we had momentum in the second half. Why not in the first half? Any chance of playing two central strikers to occupy the opposition's centre-halves? This loan striker with the support of the three in behind looks good in theory but in reality, it is piss poor to watch. How about once in a while having a diamond formation in midfield with either Meekison, Mochrie or Wotherspoon at the top of it? We are so predictable and pedestrian.

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    From you Mr Iffy 🤣🤣
    Think you missed the point of the post which is about seeing the bigger picture.
    I always wondered why you couldn't see what rest of us could.
    It's probably cos you're facing the wrong way and always looking back at previous games and then throwing useless stats.

Btw if this and if that then yes we can, but it's a tough gig supporting through and through over the last few years.

I do see the bigger picture, that's the thing, it's others that are thinking short term on here

Also you'd not be posting this if we'd been on a winning run

I do see the bigger picture, that's the thing, it's others that are thinking short term on here

The above quote absolutely sums you up. The questions and thoughts put together by AJ are pretty much what most Arabs are thinking about. You wouldn't be able to see the big picture on a night out to the cinema.

Been posting similar for years albeit with different managers/coaches. Even the season we made Europe. Did none of those have a decent run of results?
    Check back, whichever way you want to skew the stats you'll see I'm consistent on this.

I'm considering calling you toenails cos you're so far up Ogren's rear that's all we see.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)