+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Sheffield Wednesday Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerish View Post
    The truth is: we deserved to lose. And lucky it wasn't by a bigger margin. The officials were appalling but that doesn't excuse us. We were slower in fifty fifties, weak physically shielding the ball, and loathe to go forward when that was the right option. All these things cannot be excused. The blame lies at the door of Richardson. He really has to go. He is a limp lettuce. Bad appointment Mr Stewart. Get shut of this guy and get the next appointment right. You've had enough practice by now
    He is a lucky dip chairman. When he finally splashed out (if believed) he got it wrong twice in a row. Though if he spent a lot on either of them i’d be surprised.

We should be looking at why warne and team left or were allowed to leave. The reasons for it would tell a lot

LR. My problem from the outset is that his background was with wigan. Who spent money to achieve what little they did. Even their fans thought he was boring and negative. Ring any bells?
    And of course apart from a short spell, was always in the shadows of someone else. I think we are seeing that playing out.
    Sure, he has come under difficult times….but, we have gone slowly backwards.
    I share no optimism that this will all come right in the summer…too many are going to be here under contract. If he cannot get those to even begin to try now…the summer will make little difference.

Come on down Richard Wood

Oh, and the kind of money wigan spent he won’t get out of Stewart.

Quote Originally Posted by Millmoordays View Post
    Stop winding people up, I think people have had enough of it. If what you are alluding to, just who do you think would take over?
    Relax, we’ll get 50-60 top quality applications as usual.

Wednesday started on the front foot and never really stopped, yes we were poor but let's not take anything away from how the opposition played. We defended for our lives but we haven't
    much of a threat going forward so we are constantly under pressure but Wednesday are certainly one of the better teams we have played this season and on the showings of both our games against them I have no idea how they are in the position they are in. All in all an awful performance from us and the season can't end soon enough. UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    NYSRich, I don't have a personal dislike for the lad, he's probably great company away from football and his partner and family love him dearly also. Thing is I've watched football players come and go than I care to remember and Eaves is on a par with the likes of Stewart Evans. I'll retract that as the 'swan' did score gaols for us.

Yes you're probably correct in the fact he scored in our last two games but, there are games when sentimentality, just because a player has recently scored, has blinded Liam Richardson by choosing him to start today. This game was all about getting into them and making them work hard to clear our attacks which Hugill and Wyke seem to get about doing as soon as they entered play. How many headers did Eaves actually win? I saw Hugill win almost everyone he attacked unless he was fouled for trying to so do. That's the difference I see in Hugill and Eaves.

As for Eaves getting MOTM..........it caused cries and outbursts of laughter in the North stand as no one, not a single person I was near could believe what they had just heard. I can only assume that ibs caused a 'fiddlegate' with the count

You like Eaves, I know Hugill would fair better if he had received the wing supply from the Weds players today that ripped us apart, that is what Hugill ahd missed all season, no wing support.

I respect your views, you like Eaves I prefer Hugill so appear to differ pal, nothing wrong with that as we all see players and a game completely different.

NB. You're right about Nombe' but in League 1 I feel he will fill his boots next season and, we have Andre Green to also compliment out poor current forward line.
    To be fair, I am not sure where the MotM award came from either. Best Millers player was Tiehi by some distance.

Quote Originally Posted by NYSRich View Post
    To be fair, I am not sure where the MotM award came from either. Best Millers player was Tiehi by some distance.
    Totally agree pal, apart from Viktor and Cam he was the best of a very poor bunch today.

Well, what can I say what's not been already said?

Weds came to the NYS and played us to death, and just remember, they are 2nd bottom!!!!

That just shows, more than anything, how far we have gone backwards. Would we have been any better if MT was still here? I doubt it. Will LR work things out any better when most of these limp excuses have left in the summer? I think we have to wait to see what happens in the summer, and then judge LR around November time and see what, if any, hope is on the horizon( no the P.O, type).

Was I disappointed today?....No, I expected it, did our resident experts who predicted a mid table position enjoy it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerish View Post
    Come on down Richard Wood

That doesn't bare thinking about!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast