+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Luton

Luton

The effort and desire is fantastic. At least the fans get good value and can clearly see the work rate of every player. For me they deserve to stay up but it looks unlikely, unfortunately for BFC because if they go down they will steamroller most teams in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster100 View Post
    The effort and desire is fantastic. At least the fans get good value and can clearly see the work rate of every player. For me they deserve to stay up but it looks unlikely, unfortunately for BFC because if they go down they will steamroller most teams in the Championship.
    We beat them at their place and VAR denied us in the 97th minute at our place or we would have beaten them twice. Just saying Sir Lancy.

They keep losing just the same as us..

Bt you are right but it is the effort and desire to do as well as they can. I can live with losing if we put the effort in.

Alfy you are right but their effort and will to do their best is what I would like to see in our team

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster100 View Post
    Agree on effort Lancaster but they won’t steam roller the league if they go down because if you remove the class they have in a Barclay - workman like football won’t be enough.

They are different to us and I’d like to see the effort improve from us , but I can’t see them doing much if down.

Half our problem is that the club ( stupidly ) have been saying for the last 6 months it’s Ok we’re ahead of schedule - to the manager and fans reality is coming though and we’re going down with a whimper.

I'm not going on the Turf today.

The cruel reality of life kicked in for us yesterday.

A 43 year old female family member died of cancer at lunchtime yesterday.

She leaves behind two t-ee-nage kids, the youngest is a boy of whom I am rather fond.

He's a United fan like his dad and we have constant footy banter.

He's coming round to share a couple of pizzas with me & mine today at lunchtime to watch Burnley beat Bournemouth.

I'm really not looking forward to it much at all.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Agree on effort Lancaster but they won’t steam roller the league if they go down because if you remove the class they have in a Barclay - workman like football won’t be enough.

They are different to us and I’d like to see the effort improve from us , but I can’t see them doing much if down.

Half our problem is that the club ( stupidly ) have been saying for the last 6 months it’s Ok we’re ahead of schedule - to the manager and fans reality is coming though and we’re going down with a whimper.
    Agree Army.A strong work rate is compulsory for success in the PL-even Citeh and the Bindippers work incredibly hard out of posession.You can have all the talent in the world but without that commitment to the cause you will get found out in the PL.We are static by comparison.Luton have the commitment and with Barclay and Townsend two seasoned PL top quality players.

I may be biased because Rob Edwards is a former Welsh International but they have been a pleasure to watch this season.They will,like us,
    go down but I don't think Edwards will be there long before a bigger club comes in for him.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    How they can say we are ahead of schedule now when we are going down with a worse team than we had 2 seasons ago beggars belief. I think we need a 10 year plan.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)