+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Morton away

Morton away

This is going to be an absolute battle and if we are not totally committed and at our best we can forget about the 3 points

Too many big games this season we have come in and been average

This team needs to show what it is made of and show the quality that is in there

Imrie has our number and we know what to expect from them

We need a massive improvement in performance

Grimshaw is an ex player down there and I would have him back in the starting line up:

Walton

Grimshaw Gallagher Holt McMann

Doc Sibbald

Thomson Watt Middleton

Moult

COME ON UNITED !!!

Going into this with absolutely no expectation whatsoever.

Kai and Middleton seem to be way off form and i really dont understand why Cudjoe has not been considered for a start again. Need to hear how Thomson got on today, but i dont think there is anything between him and Grim, and if Grim does get back in, Thomson has to be tried on the right wing.

5 goals against in 4 league games without Grimshaw at right back (the last 3 plus Dunfermline second game of season)

12 goals against in 22 games with Grimshaw at right back

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    5 goals against in 4 league games without Grimshaw at right back (the last 3 plus Dunfermline second game of season)

12 goals against in 22 games with Grimshaw at right back
    I made a comment last week that was a general comment, and im gonna say the same directly to you as i didnt think you were that kind of person, and part of it you directly comment about regularly.

There has been plenty said recently about how our players are criticised on here and in the stands, especially our youngsters, and here you are dismissing Thomson who is on a run of 3 starts! I thought he did quite well in his first game, improved enough in his second and is reported to have had another good game today.

Now Grimshaw at his best may be the better option, but arguably since before Christmas his form has dropped to the point that something had to be done. The general consensus amongst the support have been saying the same about Grim, along with Kai, Watt, Middleton and Moult and all we want is for JG to put the best team out and for the poor performers to find their best again and win us the league, starting Tuesday.

We are 100% losing this one,no faith at all in the manager or squad just now. They just seem incapable of raising their game.

We'll get pumped 3-0. Honestly I am fecked off watching this absolute pish of a team. I try my best at games not to be too critical, but today I'd had enough after half an hour. We really are pathetic, I actually fear for our future, we're no going up.

Overall 4 pts from two visits to Firhill is a good return

I don't think we will lose Tues

We still have an excellent away record, 1 defeat in 13 I think it is, the defeat was an offside goal and a wonder goal in Kirkcaldy, not deserved either, we had won 3 in a row on the road this year the last couple

Think we will draw at worst but get the first goal and we have a very good chance of 3 pts before going into Arbroath at home, while RR play Dunfy

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Overall 4 pts from two visits to Firhill is a good return

I don't think we will lose Tues

We still have an excellent away record, 1 defeat in 13 I think it is, the defeat was an offside goal and a wonder goal in Kirkcaldy, not deserved either, we had won 3 in a row on the road this year the last couple

Think we will draw at worst but get the first goal and we have a very good chance of 3 pts before going into Arbroath at home, while RR play Dunfy
    I reckon you could probably manipulate stats in such a way that we actually didn't get relegated at all,in fact we probably picked up our 2nd league title 40 years after our 1st. I actually thought the penny had dropped for you finally when I read your earlier post but it looks like you've managed to overcome that little hiccup 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    I reckon you could probably manipulate stats in such a way that we actually didn't get relegated at all,in fact we probably picked up our 2nd league title 40 years after our 1st. I actually thought the penny had dropped for you finally when I read your earlier post but it looks like you've managed to overcome that little hiccup 🤔

A very daft post but not uncommon for ya tbf

I'm not a knee jerker/bedwetter extraordinare like you after any result that doesn't go our way, before today we had the same pts as the Hearts side that most recently went up comfortably after the same amount of games but they didn't have a team like Raith who also accumulated a good total

We are top of the league and everything I said in the above post is not manipulating stats these are the real facts

We've lost no ground in the last week and gained no ground on anyone near us, it's not a catastrophe, if we do finish first, it's a good season, if we don't then that's the time to shout failure at the club/manager/players

Morton have begun to stumble with the injuries they have so are not the same prospect as a few weeks ago. Having said that we are no great shakes at present.

We can win this one but JG seems to be persisting with Grieve which worries me and leaves Cudjoe on the bench who made a difference against QP.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)