+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Morton away

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Ive forgotten more about football than you'll ever know going by this post

The season you refer to that they were excellent is true but that's years ago now, we are talking the 20/21 season, they were anything but excellent, solid and steady, no better than us right more, lost to Brora in the cup and had the fans on Neilsons back most of the season for the poor fair, this is a consensus on jambos kickback but once promoted he had them 3rd the next season playing good stuff, they didn't have a title contender like Raith to push them or pressure them

That's the reality, no spin, we are top and have as many pts as they did, deal with it
    We don’t though, they had 57 points from 27 games that season, we have 52 from 26 so unless we’re getting 5 for a win tomorrow (and i wish we were) then you’re wrong.

Back to basics please.
    Watt usually shows more off the bench so that's where he starts.
    Not getting the hype around the young right back tbh but I'm only watching DUTV. Not saying he hasn't got promise and potential but if Grimshaw is fit he starts imo. He doesn't give up possession easily. Give Cudjoe 45 and see what happens. Tell him and all our forward players to make the most of any bad tackle. It's what they do.

.................Walton
    Grimshaw Gallagher Holt McMann
    ..........Sibbald Docherty
    Cudjoe ....................Middleton
    ...............Meekison
    ...........Moult

No chance that's happening though 😐

And... just to add, we need to be harder, tougher, complete shytebags to play against. Going to ground for a tackle hasn't been outlawed yet. Get wired in lads.

Don't think this is true at all to say he is hopeless

Hearts weren't good to watch last time they were down, they got out the division, that's all that mattered, we are on a par with them pts wise, just they didn't have anyone else accumulating a similar pts total as this stage

Think the last time a team had more pts than we do now at this stage was Utd of 2019/20, if he was hopeless he would not have got us to this positron after the disaster of last term
    Hearts only played 27 games last time they were down

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    Back to basics please.
    Not getting the hype around the young right back tbh but I'm only watching DUTV. Not saying he hasn't got promise and potential but if Grimshaw is fit he starts imo. He doesn't give up possession easily. Give Cudjoe 45 and see what happens. Tell him and all our forward players to make the most of any bad tackle. It's what they do.

.................Walton
    ...............Meekison
    ...........Moult

Ive been one for, not hyping up Thomson, but standing by what i thought i witnessed in his recent home starts. I would like to hear more from someone who was through at Partick to say if he kept up the good work as ive only seen one "he played well" comment.

As for Grimshaw, i agree with you up to a point in the season, but i think since before Christmas that his form has slipped to point where another option had to be tried. You say about possession, but he has been giving that away all too often before he was replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    Back to basics please.

.................Walton
    ...............Meekison
    ...........Moult

I'm reliably informed that the team is.

Walton
    Grimmy
    Gallagher
    Holt
    McMann
    Thompson
    Sibbald
    Docherty
    Tillson
    Watt
    Moult

Quote Originally Posted by ETAuldncrabbit View Post
    We don’t though, they had 57 points from 27 games that season, we have 52 from 26 so unless we’re getting 5 for a win tomorrow (and i wish we were) then you’re wrong.

The stat I read was pre thistle game

Before Saturday we had the same as they did after 25 games as was reliably posted on p&b so not the disaster made out after the Airdrie game, Utd of 2019/20 also had around 57/58 pts after 27 or so games, win tomorrow and within 2 pts of both and still a good bit more than Killie/Dundee the last two years at same stage

Perception is more negative towards our own team as it is because of how Raith have done

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    I'm reliably informed that the team is.

Walton
    Grimmy
    Gallagher
    Holt
    McMann
    Thompson
    Sibbald
    Docherty
    Tillson
    Watt
    Moult
    Sibbald Docherty AND Tillson?

Wouldn't surprise me to be honest, our starting 11 has been hard to predict for a long time

The stat I read was pre thistle game

Before Saturday we had the same as they did after 25 games as was reliably posted on p&b so not the disaster made out after the Airdrie game, Utd of 2019/20 also had around 57/58 pts after 27 or so games, win tomorrow and within 2 pts of both and still a good bit more than Killie/Dundee the last two years at same stage

Perception is more negative towards our own team as it is because of how Raith have done
    To be accurate PERCEPTION is more negative because of the poor performances and results.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Ive been one for, not hyping up Thomson, but standing by what i thought i witnessed in his recent home starts. I would like to hear more from someone who was through at Partick to say if he kept up the good work as ive only seen one "he played well" comment.

As for Grimshaw, i agree with you up to a point in the season, but i think since before Christmas that his form has slipped to point where another option had to be tried. You say about possession, but he has been giving that away all too often before he was replaced.
    First job of a fullback is to defend and we've been giving up space in that area since Grimshaw was dropped. Thomson is better going forward and with set pieces but that's not what a fullback is measured on. Think Grimshaw wasn't dropped due to defensive mistakes but daft mazy runs into midfield where he lost the ball.

As I say, just from what I've seen, not at the games physically, budget airline prices aren't what they used to be 😎

Just want to see us getting back to the basics of what brought us results previously.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)