+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Burnley v Bournemouth

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    You obviously never played at centre-half mon ami. I could see that one coming a mile off.

O'Shea was caught on the wrong side of a bouncing ball, where's his partner in crime?

Dreaming of Chicks on the beach in La Rochelle.
    Wow BT the young man wasn’t at fault for O’Shea misgivings watching the ball ( again - how many times do I say that ).
    O’Shea is reckless stupid booking initially and then ball watching again and in the second goal he lets Semedo inside without challenge and Taylor turns his back and boom deflected in again.

The young centre back had a very decent game against Solanke credit to him.

All the pressure and decent football in truth and we are too passive to score ( I expect it’s confidence tbh - trying to make sure we get a shot on target ).

I listened to VK on BBC stuck in traffic on way home and he’s very eloquent, and his description of the game was right tbh , however the thing he forgets to mention or chooses to ignore is the defence frailties that just keep costing us - over and over again - same mistakes like a record with a crack in it over and over we go.

Above the doom and gloom we played better today and controlled the game and played with passion - Cullen stays in for me and Brownhill not to play again yet.

What’s the point of playing better, controlling the game, if you can’t make it count when and where it matters ?

You obviously never played at centre-half mon ami. I could see that one coming a mile off.

O'Shea was caught on the wrong side of a bouncing ball, where's his partner in crime?

Dreaming of Chicks on the beach in La Rochelle.
    Rarely played centre-half, but I did play right-back for a couple of years alongside Chris Sims who played centre-half for Blackburn Rovers in the old D1, so I do have a fair idea what the game is about. O'Shea was slow to realise the danger and let Kluivert run past him, then made an ineffectual attempt to block the shot and got sold a dummy. Nothing to do with Esteve whatsoever, he went with his man. O'Shea didn't do his job, simple as.

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    What’s the point of playing better, controlling the game, if you can’t make it count when and where it matters ?
    Exactly right Mal - but it can’t be all negative all the time - we were the better team today even though we had no end product - if we’d scored 3-4 as we should have no one would have said a word.

The facts are as we’ve pointed out we are not strong enough physically and as I posted earlier just keep doing the same things over again

It’s what’s called insanity- repeating the wrong process over and over.

If you think easy side ways passing, is good
    the quality of players on the pitch is dire absolutely fcking dire....
    we need 20 shots to get 4 on target... this says it all!!
    they had 5 shots on target and scored 2 - this shows how terrible we are at the back.
    First away win by them this year, lost 7 games recently in terrible down period. glad your standards are so low that you had a good day. Your the kinda fan Pace loves, treat yourself to a half time Corndog and nachos?

What's a corndog, and don't say £2.50?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Rarely played centre-half, but I did play right-back for a couple of years alongside Chris Sims who played centre-half for Blackburn Rovers in the old D1, so I do have a fair idea what the game is about. O'Shea was slow to realise the danger and let Kluivert run past him, then made an ineffectual attempt to block the shot and got sold a dummy. Nothing to do with Esteve whatsoever, he went with his man. O'Shea didn't do his job, simple as.
    Centre-backs form a partnership one's in the brown stuff the other one reads it and steps in. It's how defensive partnerships work mon ami.

We are 26 games into a season and Kompany still cannot field a decent pair of centre-backs in one of the world's toughest leagues.

Please can we have SD back?

Lets be realistic. We were playing a poor Bournemouth side who just picked us off at will, hence the 0-2 score line.

For all our possession we created little and gave their goalie little to do, bar that worldie one-handed save

Centre-backs form a partnership one's in the brown stuff the other one reads it and steps in. It's how defensive partnerships work mon ami.
    In theory mon ami, but if it worked like that on the pitch no team would ever concede a goal. O'Shea lost his man, nothing Esteve could do about it, even Bobby Moore wouldn't have been able to dig him out of the brown stuff he'd dropped himself into on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    In theory mon ami, but if it worked like that on the pitch no team would ever concede a goal. O'Shea lost his man, nothing Esteve could do about it, even Bobby Moore wouldn't have been able to dig him out of the brown stuff he'd dropped himself into on this one.
    And the second one was worse still.

Kompany is way out of his depth in this league.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)