+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Burnley v Bournemouth

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    And the second one was worse still.

Kompany is way out of his depth in this league.
    Indeed mon ami. I keep reading that O'Shea is improving and has played well recently, but I don't see it, he looks a liability to me. Not fit to lace THB's boots.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    In theory mon ami, but if it worked like that on the pitch no team would ever concede a goal. O'Shea lost his man, nothing Esteve could do about it, even Bobby Moore wouldn't have been able to dig him out of the brown stuff he'd dropped himself into on this one.
    Very true, however, young James will get the blame because he didn't stop tthe shot. While we are at it, he didn't score any goals either and was the needless victim of those fans who see fit to boo him relentlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Very true, however, young James will get the blame because he didn't stop tthe shot. While we are at it, he didn't score any goals either and was the needless victim of those fans who see fit to boo him relentlessly.
    I have no idea what moronic booing does for the esteem of an individual or the collective mein freund but it needs to stop.

The only person responsible for the goals scored agaist us yesterday was O'Shea.

He was a liability after just 25 seconds when he needlessly headed the ball out of the Bournemouth players hands, getting himself a yellow card. With that careless attitude he should have been the fastest player to be substituted in premier league history.

Hopefully he recieve an hefty fine and never plays in a Burnley shirt again, but that won't happen as Kompany cannot see his failings.

I do not condone the booing of Trafford, yesterday he could have done nothing to prevent the goals. My only concern was that he slowed the game down by walking with the ball when we were 1-0 down, then his distribution was poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    The only person responsible for the goals scored agaist us yesterday was O'Shea.

He was a liability after just 25 seconds when he needlessly headed the ball out of the Bournemouth players hands, getting himself a yellow card. With that careless attitude he should have been the fastest player to be substituted in premier league history.

Hopefully he recieve an hefty fine and never plays in a Burnley shirt again, but that won't happen as Kompany cannot see his failings.

I do not condone the booing of Trafford, yesterday he could have done nothing to prevent the goals. My only concern was that he slowed the game down by walking with the ball when we were 1-0 down, then his distribution was poor.
    I once had lunch at a Golf Day with Frank Casper, he said a young professional needs to play a 100 senior games before he really gets the hang of it.

Young Jimmy is learning on the job and his cock-ups will have to tolerated. Simples.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post

I was a little disappointed with Taylor tbh as he turned his back and deflected the ball past Trafford- - shouldn’t happen.

O Shea should not be flat footed ball watching on the first and the second he lets semedo
    Come inside and the rest is easy.

I feel for Trafford all the time with the exception of an odd mistake imo he’s been good.

As for slowing play I can only think he’s been instructed how to play out but the movement or runs weren’t there - if you add to that the team is low in confidence and some players don’t want the ball it’s understandable.

Too many I think find it easy to blame Trafford and it always seem to be drop the lad and play Muric. Young Jimmy’s distribution was occasionally off against Bournemouth but I didn’t see him deliberately slowing play. I had read before going to the Bournemouth game that this side was utterly bereft of ideas and VK needs sacking at once. Certainly not the impression me and the girls got but clearly we were nowhere near as well organised defensively as we should be though Solanke was well marshalled. In attack we made plenty of chances especially in a first half we dominated but our finishing was poor as it has been for most of the season. Keeping belief when you are at the wrong end of the table is tough. Protecting the players comes down to the fans too. I wrote a season end review after last year’s stunning Championship season and I am glad I did while the joy of that was still fresh in the memory. As I said to the girls on Sunday being a Burnley supporter also means dealing with the lows. I presently have it in mind to write a review of this season. It won’t make so much pretty reading but it could well be more instructive than the last.

Never one to jump in with both feet, I've had a couple of days to reflect and another look at the game. My view is that it was a good performance, let down by a couple of errors from O'Shea and another dubious refereeing decision ruling out our goal. The performance was certainly good enough to win the game, but as so often this season we don't take the few chances we get , but on another day we could have won the game.

What I didn't see were several things that have been mentioned on here recently, I didn't see any lack of effort, I didn't see any cowards, I didn't see any spineless amoebas and I didn't see that goalkeeper who is effing useless. Overall I was quite happy with that performance, if not the result. Having said that, despite what BT might say, I'm not daft, we're going down and no mistake, that much is obvious now.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Never one to jump in with both feet, I've had a couple of days to reflect and another look at the game. My view is that it was a good performance, let down by a couple of errors from O'Shea and another dubious refereeing decision ruling out our goal. The performance was certainly good enough to win the game, but as so often this season we don't take the few chances we get , but on another day we could have won the game.

What I didn't see were several things that have been mentioned on here recently, I didn't see any lack of effort, I didn't see any cowards, I didn't see any spineless amoebas and I didn't see that goalkeeper who is effing useless. Overall I was quite happy with that performance, if not the result. Having said that, despite what BT might say, I'm not daft, we're going down and no mistake, that much is obvious now.
    We huffed and puffed Sinkov but we are useless in both boxes and VK has said as much on numerous occasions.Maybe we should not have bought a striker with a permanent sick note and a West Brom reject to play centre back.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    We huffed and puffed Sinkov but we are useless in both boxes and VK has said as much on numerous occasions.Maybe we should not have bought a striker with a permanent sick note and a West Brom reject to play centre back.
    Indeed we huffed and puffed CiB, but I'm not quite sure how useless our strikers are. Haaland put one over the bar from two feet against United, it was far worse than anything our lads have missed this season, he's missed more sitters than any of our strikers this season, but Haaland won't have to wait long before another chance comes along, our lads might have to wait a game or two. We just don't make enough chances imo.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)