+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pitch

Quote Originally Posted by daveeed View Post
    I thought the club had invested in the close season in a new hybrid pitch artificial/grass to make it even better ? Did that happen and is that at fault ?
    Yes that did happen.

https://www.themillers.co.uk/news/20...aying-surface/

Great stuff we've found something else to moan about

Quote Originally Posted by redhouse View Post
    Great stuff we've found something else to moan about
    I’d like to moan about the large rusty patches on the floodlights. Should I start another thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    I’d like to moan about the large rusty patches on the floodlights. Should I start another thread?
    I've never noticed them to be honest but I'm sure somebody on here could pick it up and when they're struggling for something to moan about start a new thread about them

So you don't think a decent pitch is an important factor for any self-respecting club? It's what the game is played on, or hadn't you realised eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerish View Post
    So you don't think a decent pitch is an important factor for any self-respecting club? It's what the game is played on, or hadn't you realised eh?
    Could you please start to use the Reply With Quote option so we know who you are answering?

Any fried onions with burgers outside ground more relevant!

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    . Rotherham have been using it to train on because our training facilities are not up to scratch.
    You need a itch, before you can scratch

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Hahahahaha, it was pointed out to me at the match yesterday.

Worrying thing about the pitch, is we haven't heard anything from the club, or Dave Fellowes.

The other year, that it struggled, we were told that it was Fusarium. Some local golf clubs suffer also. This disease is common in cold climates.

What worries me is, what happens to the "stitching" what cost lots, when we shave the top layer off the pitch in the close season?

All this talk about the training ground, and spending loads on it. What deal have we got with Parkgate? I was told years ago that when the cricket team folded that Parkgate was on the brink, only by us using the training pitches saved them.
    Couldn't we buy it all off them, golf course and all? Then it would be worth spending money.

You don't build an extension on a council house.......money down the drain, without assurances from the landlord.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast