+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Richardson post match interview

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    It’s not up to you what I write. How arrogant
    I didn’t say we had a better squad now than in early September.
    I said that LR has more resources at his disposal now than when MT left us in November as players have come back from injury.
    Kioso is a much better player and defender than Lembisika
    Rinhimota is decent
    Kelly left us but was hardly ever played so no loss / change
    Onyedimya was injured so he wouldn’t have played anyway / no change
    Peltier is available quite often now
    Morrison has played a lot
    Humphries is back
    Ferguson is back
    Jamie Lindsay is now available

It is not arrogant to challenge your comments you can write what you want but like the rest of us you have to accept others might disagree and in some cases disagree quite strongly so get off your high horse. Kioso was available to MT he chose not to have him in the squad. Rinomhota is a good player I agree. Fred was available again but sent back to save on his wages. Dexter was a premier league player and international, you might not rate him but those are facts. Wyke adds very little and Kelly was more likely to get a goal off the bench than the Wigan oil tanker (has he had an attempt at goal yet?). Your main argument is some injured players are now not injured, so LR has more resources available, mmmmmm it could be argued I suppose. My point is that TS has not backed LR in the window, remember he asked for 5 additional players and that hasn’t happened. Perhaps we are arguing different points, I am not sure now re-reading your original post and your reply. If we are then I apologise for misunderstanding what you were saying. It seems to me that a lot of people are getting on LRs back and finding more and more reasons to do so, even if those reasons are suspect to say the least. If I was him I would resign and walk away, no matter what he does next year he will not get the fans on his side he will not be a popular manager and that is a shame. I am not saying he is doing well, clearly he is struggling and his interviews are just a list of excuses and “nothing to do with me” statements, but the real issues lie elsewhere. Perhaps we might not have had so many injuries if we had the right infrastructure in place, perhaps players might have recovered better from injuries and perhaps we might have found it easier to get players to join us, we don’t know but we do know that what we have isn’t good enough and clubs invest in these facilities for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    If a manager is able to use us as a stepping stone then it means they’ve been successful with us. You want somebody who knows that he’ll never do any better than us?

I dislike Evans but am big enough to admit he was successful with us and was a big personality. You’re like a petty toddler when it comes to Warne, but with worse communication skills.

Communication skills what we on University Challenge! Warney hope our paths never cross again!

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Communication skills what we on University Challenge! Warney hope our paths never cross again!
    Well it always helps if we can understand what you’re talking about. It’s a rare occurrence that we can.

I’m sure Warney would feel the same if he had any idea who you were.

I think we all can agree, it is quite a mess.
    I think LR is treading water, preying for the summer.
    The manner of where we are in terms of levels in individuals is not something he can hide behind. He claims that we lose it around the 60-70 mark each game. How?
    They picked it up fairly sharpish after they scored.
    Me thinks the king doth protest too much.
    I'd like some honesty, not just from LR either.

I agree about needing a big Character but Evans would be nothing more than a quick fix at best. The club needs an overhaul from top to bottom and a long term plan and he isn’t the man for that.
    That's true, but the overhaul needs to be done no matter who is employed. There's no quick fix, and Rotherham need to develop players to thrive.

However, a team needs to be competitive, and Evans brings that.

Well it always helps if we can understand what you’re talking about. It’s a rare occurrence that we can.

I’m sure Warney would feel the same if he had any idea who you were.

Can you imagine a reality show for good human beings only sitting about drinking tea only all day singing Cliff Richard songs taking the knee kissing the shirt named it the good will CH! By invite only!

Quote Originally Posted by Millmoordays View Post
    I think we all can agree, it is quite a mess.
    I think LR is treading water, preying for the summer.
    The manner of where we are in terms of levels in individuals is not something he can hide behind. He claims that we lose it around the 60-70 mark each game. How?
    They picked it up fairly sharpish after they scored.
    Me thinks the king doth protest too much.
    I'd like some honesty, not just from LR either.
    There are a lot of Hamlet references on this board today.What a learned bunch we are!

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    It is not arrogant to challenge your comments you can write what you want but like the rest of us you have to accept others might disagree and in some cases disagree quite strongly so get off your high horse. Kioso was available to MT he chose not to have him in the squad. Rinomhota is a good player I agree. Fred was available again but sent back to save on his wages. Dexter was a premier league player and international, you might not rate him but those are facts. Wyke adds very little and Kelly was more likely to get a goal off the bench than the Wigan oil tanker (has he had an attempt at goal yet?). Your main argument is some injured players are now not injured, so LR has more resources available, mmmmmm it could be argued I suppose. My point is that TS has not backed LR in the window, remember he asked for 5 additional players and that hasn’t happened. Perhaps we are arguing different points, I am not sure now re-reading your original post and your reply. If we are then I apologise for misunderstanding what you were saying. It seems to me that a lot of people are getting on LRs back and finding more and more reasons to do so, even if those reasons are suspect to say the least. If I was him I would resign and walk away, no matter what he does next year he will not get the fans on his side he will not be a popular manager and that is a shame. I am not saying he is doing well, clearly he is struggling and his interviews are just a list of excuses and “nothing to do with me” statements, but the real issues lie elsewhere. Perhaps we might not have had so many injuries if we had the right infrastructure in place, perhaps players might have recovered better from injuries and perhaps we might have found it easier to get players to join us, we don’t know but we do know that what we have isn’t good enough and clubs invest in these facilities for a reason.
    TBF derby. LR wanted 5 players. Would he have played them? And would you trust his judgment to pick a decent player.
    With the exception of rinhimota the other 2 are not showing much and people rave about kioso. Imo he's not looked a championship player since he's been back. I'm not even sure where he should be playing such is the lack of his basic positioning...

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Can you imagine a reality show for good human beings only sitting about drinking tea only all day singing Cliff Richard songs taking the knee kissing the shirt named it the good will CH! By invite only!
    A bizarre load of b*llocks even by your standards. Well done.

Irrespective of whether kioso is any good or not, he was brought back because is was quick and easy and didn’t involve a fee. And we even released to do it as well.
    Trust LR to pick a decent player. Interesting one. Isn’t that the remit of scott? Also that target he openly wanted, went to portsmouth.
    We fill in with an old mate from wigan.
    Says it all. From a few angles.
    TS had no real intention of a jan backing, I never heard a quote of that said he would. All we heard was that LR wanted 5. I think you’ll find that is in the summer.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast