+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pitch

Pitch

Russell Martin was right. It's not a ploughed field but it has to be the worst in the division apart maybe from The Sty. Why is this? It used to be a billiard table. There's hardly any grass on it. Whoever's responsible, pull your socks up. It's cold out there

It is a disgrace, we previously won awards for our pitch so what has happened? I suspect it is like the rest of the place, investment has been cut back for whatever reason, perhaps the often quoted £2m on MT player budget was a redirection of otherwise infrastructure funds. There is something rotten in Denmark

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    It is a disgrace, we previously won awards for our pitch so what has happened? I suspect it is like the rest of the place, investment has been cut back for whatever reason, perhaps the often quoted £2m on MT player budget was a redirection of otherwise infrastructure funds. There is something rotten in Denmark
    Yes Derby,you maybe right. I can see TS holding up a skull saying,''Alas poor Warney,I knew him well'!

Haven't we been training on the pitch for a few weeks in one of the wettest Februarys ever? If you watch matches on TV a lot of them are looking the worse for wear.
    Being the poorest team in the league, I would have thought it would be more of a leveller. The Millmoor of old that we remember with such nostalgia became bare about Christmas time

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    Yes Derby,you maybe right. I can see TS holding up a skull saying,''Alas poor Warney,I knew him well'!
    Yes, Yorick, a dead court jester who wore a silly hat

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Yes, Yorick, a dead court jester who wore a silly hat
    Too true GTTM,but what worries me is that Rosencrantz and Guildenstern may only be the CEO and DOF to distract from The Kings madness!

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerish View Post
    Russell Martin was right. It's not a ploughed field but it has to be the worst in the division apart maybe from The Sty. Why is this? It used to be a billiard table. There's hardly any grass on it. Whoever's responsible, pull your socks up. It's cold out there
    . Rotherham have been using it to train on because our training facilities are not up to scratch.

Shouldn’t matter what the weather is like if you have proper facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    Shouldn’t matter what the weather is like if you have proper facilities.
    exactly

I thought the club had invested in the close season in a new hybrid pitch artificial/grass to make it even better ? Did that happen and is that at fault ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast