+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What’s the story?

Quote Originally Posted by Karl998yr View Post
    My take is this
    A chain reaction of events occurred when Warne left
    Taylor lost the dressing room when the Richard Wood incident happened. I think the squad was already fragile and still reeling from Warnes departure.
    Luckily for Taylor he had the good start to fall back on and we limped to safety.
    His limitations were badly exposed this season in both signings and tactics and I believe he still hadn't won back the dressing room. Losing became a habit and he rightly had to go. I felt a bit sorry for MT because we did have a ridiculous injury list but I also felt some injuries were just excuses by players not to play for him.
    We then took far too long bringing in Richardson as a head coach rather than manager who appeared to be far from being first choice.
    Richardson clearly isn't a motivator of men like Warnock and players seriously lacking in confidence and used to losing are continuing to do so at an alarming rate. That's why we should have moved heaven and earth to get Warnock in to do his thing as we were still close to our rivals at this time.
    Injuries and training facility issues have hindered us no doubt but we have gone even further backwards under Richardson.
    If the current decline isn't addressed I could see League one next season also being a struggle.
    Fair post Karl though I disagree about your comment. "Loosing became a habit and he had to go". The most we lost in the league this season under Taylor was 2x Then we bounced back against top 6 appointment to get wins or draws. Even when we were humiliated at wednesday he came back with a draw Vs QPR then vs 2nd placed Ipswich.
    MT was right when he said no other manager can get more out of these players. If LR was any good as a manager he should be getting at least the same from these players, a better manager would get more.

TBF I've just checked back and MT only ever lost 3X on the trot last season (around the world cup break). I've not checked but his points per game in the championship must be close to the top 3 managers Rotherham have had managing in the champ

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    Desperate times call for leadership I’ll leave it there.
    Accounts to June 2023 have just been released Pocket.
    Have a read of them if you get chance.
    They're the accounting period when we finished 19th in the Championship under Matt Taylor.

Wage bill of £10m for the first time ever.
    Turnover over £15m
    A loss before tax of over a Million.

Could be worse I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Godsend.F.C. View Post
    Accounts to June 2023 have just been released Pocket.
    Have a read of them if you get chance.
    They're the accounting period when we finished 19th in the Championship under Matt Taylor.

Wage bill of £10m for the first time ever.
    Turnover over £15m
    A loss before tax of over a Million.

Could be worse I suppose.
    Next one will be

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Next one will be
    Not the next one but the one after in League 1.
    Next accounts will be for this relegation season.

But we are 'making progress' according to L R... 'our KPIs are up'....

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Miller View Post
    But we are 'making progress' according to L R... 'our KPIs are up'....
    Steve my comments below are general and not aimed specifically at you, it was the reference to LR that led me to reply.
    LR is just an employee at the club, he coaches the first team. KPIs etc are matters for the boardroom including our Director of Football, our CEO (ha!) and the other owners and shareholders. All the frustrations and anger seems to be directed at the wrong place in my opinion. Our results are out and they aren't bad, so what do we get a load of people saying it will be worse the next year or the year after, oh what expert visionaries are these, they must win the lottery every week. What would help is if we heard from the executive at the club to talk to its customers to explain what are the plans, how will we progress, when will we allocate some of our limited funds to the essentials like an artifical pitch to train on. We have a CEO that says nothing god knows what salary he is on (i haven't checked the accounts to see) we have a DoF that did a intro interview but since that hasn't even laid out the basics of what areas will be covered in any future plan. LR is having a bad time and his interviews are awful, but people say TS is an autocrat if that is the case, perhaps LR is being told what to say and not say outside of the game. PW had an awful start even with bringing in quality players in his first transfer window, in may when we are relegated it will be interesting to see if LR stats are worse that PW. PW then struggled in L1 it was only 2 injury time goals at Blackpool in December that saved him (if the rumours are to be believed) but we went on and got into the playoffs. There are issues at the club but LR is just a distraction away from the issues, why don't we at least give him the chance that PW had and start asking questions to the ones at the club paid to lead not coach.

My main concern with LR is this

He said in an interview that he had to pick the players up off the floor.

Who’s going to pick LR up? There’s only so much anyone can take!

He's a way out of his depth excuse man,frog. We knew what we were getting when the emperor went for the cheap option of an out of work coach that nobody else wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    He's a way out of his depth excuse man,frog. We knew what we were getting when the emperor went for the cheap option of an out of work coach that nobody else wanted.
    What gets me is that we’re passing the ball with confidence but sideways and backwards.

Attacking wise we’re pressing well again but not enough.

There can’t be any confidence in the forruds.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast