+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New signings said to be not good enough

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    BIG difference is Dyche was not given £100 million to blow on rubbish.
    Dyche has a very talented squad now worth or priced a lot higher than 90m we’ve spent and he’s still fourth bottom.

You and others are delusional - Dyche did a good job for us and creative a competitive unit for some seasons but let’s not forget he signed Gibson and that cost us 15 million ( didn’t get half back ).
    Drinkwater - who didn’t ! he drink alcohol and lots of it.

We also make it sound like he was never given any money at all but he was he just chose to spend it on singular players. ( British generally ) with the exceptions of Defour and Weghorst who everyone slagged off for some reason.

Then there is the players who didn’t play Bamford , chalobah

Oh and the shining light that was maxwel cornet who was a breath of fresh air but we soon had him whipped into a defensive midfielder.

Just for balance that BT Dyche was good for us and did a good job but we can’t keep making comparisons- imo anyway the football was dire.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Dyche has a very talented squad now worth or priced a lot higher than 90m we’ve spent and he’s still fourth bottom.

You and others are delusional - Dyche did a good job for us and creative a competitive unit for some seasons but let’s not forget he signed Gibson and that cost us 15 million ( didn’t get half back ).
    Drinkwater - who didn’t ! he drink alcohol and lots of it.

We also make it sound like he was never given any money at all but he was he just chose to spend it on singular players. ( British generally ) with the exceptions of Defour and Weghorst who everyone slagged off for some reason.

Then there is the players who didn’t play Bamford , chalobah

Oh and the shining light that was maxwel cornet who was a breath of fresh air but we soon had him whipped into a defensive midfielder.

Just for balance that BT Dyche was good for us and did a good job but we can’t keep making comparisons- imo anyway the football was dire.
    We will just have to beg to disagree once again army88.

IMHO Kompany got lucky last season and tactically he is clueless.

The most important question at present at Turf Moor is why is the tea lady in charge of recruitment?

Name:  tea lady.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  14.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster100 View Post
    This is the message from the board. So who is responsible for these signings that are not good enough. Is it the board or the manager
    Who's said what Lancaster, have you got a link ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Who's said what Lancaster, have you got a link ?
    I have seen 2 or 3 articles all saying the same mon ami.

Whatever the veracity one must ask WTF is going on?

https://www.footballinsider247.com/b...nt-relegation/

I have seen 2 or 3 articles all saying the same mon ami.

Whatever the veracity one must ask WTF is going on?

https://www.footballinsider247.com/b...nt-relegation/
    That's fair enough mon ami, I hadn't seen anything directly from Pace, and I don't expect to, but it's self evident the signings haven't been good enough, nor in the positions required. We were all saying that in August, just WTF is going on, and if us fans could see it, I'm sure the owners could as well. The mystery is why couldn't Vinni ?

I'm wondering just what part Vinni's company MUD Analytics played in all this, and could their involvement be one of the reasons they're sticking with Vinni, just how involved are they with the ALK project ?

That's fair enough mon ami, I hadn't seen anything directly from Pace, and I don't expect to, but it's self evident the signings haven't been good enough, nor in the positions required. We were all saying that in August, just WTF is going on, and if us fans could see it, I'm sure the owners could as well. The mystery is why couldn't Vinni ?

I'm wondering just what part Vinni's company MUD Analytics played in all this, and could their involvement be one of the reasons they're sticking with Vinni, just how involved are they with the ALK project ?
    That's sinister sinkov. I had no idea of Kompany's involvement with chucking MUD at his team selections or monetary gain.

That's sinister sinkov. I had no idea of Kompany's involvement with chucking MUD at his team selections or monetary gain.
    sinkov, that is a very leading question and one that I intimated about a few weeks ago when the club's finances etc. were being discussed. Michael Caine used to have the perfect saying for this sort of thing.

We will just have to beg to disagree once again army88.

IMHO Kompany got lucky last season and tactically he is clueless.

The most important question at present at Turf Moor is why is the tea lady in charge of recruitment?

Name:  tea lady.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  14.8 KB
    Shall I go back and find last seasons posts BT where he was the messiah- managers and teams don’t accrue 100 plus points only lose 3 games and win 10 on the bounce by simply luck,
    You only have to look back to when it was done previously - were Reading plain lucky aswell ?

If you look at the championship now Leicester have to win 7/8 of their last 10 games to better us and all of them I think for Readings points tally.

You’ve decided to join the doom and gloomers negative band wagon on here but just like with Lyle Foster I’m prepared to give it more time even with the frustration of a relegation in the mix.

If the club stick with VK I think he’ll sort it out - I seem to remember a certain Alex Ferguson where the crowd bayed for blood and years later he’d won the lot ( I’m not saying we’ll do this but I’ll give him a chance and see where it takes us ).

People are frustrated me included but knee jerk reactions *******ising people amd sackings are rarely the right decisions- it could spiral us out of control -the next manager doesn’t like a players - players don’t want to play for a manger .
    The strange thing is relegation looms but VK now has time to see what’s good for us and not to build again. ( just a thought ).

I saw an awful lot of last season's games both home and away army88.

Thumping PNE and the b@stardos at Turf Moor and a fabulous weekend and 3 points in Norwich were the highlights of a season that had a lot of very poor teams.

The difference in quality of opposition in the EPL is obvious; Arsenal declared after smashing 6 past the very blunt Blades with the stadium almost empty last night.

Back to reality I'm afraid and Kompany is nowhere near sorting this season's $hitfest out.

Let's see what next season will bring.

Sheffield United sacked their manager didn't they, a lot of good it did them.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)