+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Women's Football

Women's Football

Scottish Women's Premier League

Glasgow City 8 Aberdeen Women 1
    Spartans Women1 Motherwell Women 4
    Celtic Women 6 Partick Thistle Women 1
    Dundee United Women 0 Hearts Women 3
    Montrose Women 7 Hamilton Academical Women 0
    Hibernian Women 0 Rangers Women 6

With scores like these should this have been headed Scottish Womens Rugby League? The men scottish clubs have to subsidise these womens oitfits and the same in England. It would be interesting to know how much money, such as your season ticket, has to be pumped into the womens game on the backs of the mens clubs in order for the women to churn out grade Z park football.

The Scottish men’s league is so bad that this doesn’t surprise me at all. Mikey leaving Celtic for us was a big step up in my opinion. At least every week he’s in for a match.

My local non league club Stourbridge FC have gone backwards at an alarming rate in the past four seasons.

More and more money has been diverted to the women’s team and all of the diversity b o l l o c k s and the budget for the first team that brings in the money has been drastically cut.

This has seen gates drop from over 800 average to now being in the 400’s.

So……the one that pays the piper is now so hobbled that it can’t progress but still has to subsidies the women and the rest.

It’s all a r s e about face.

I’m all for inclusivity! Come on the girls!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    My local non league club Stourbridge FC have gone backwards at an alarming rate in the past four seasons.

More and more money has been diverted to the women’s team and all of the diversity b o l l o c k s and the budget for the first team that brings in the money has been drastically cut.

This has seen gates drop from over 800 average to now being in the 400’s.

So……the one that pays the piper is now so hobbled that it can’t progress but still has to subsidies the women and the rest.

It’s all a r s e about face.
    Go woke go broke!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    I’m all for inclusivity! Come on the girls!
    You won’t be saying that if Patel reduces Corberan’s budget by 40%.

You’re all for all of this b o l l o c k AL until it affects you.

You’d be the first on here moaning about it.

I’m all for girls playing football but they need to support themselves along with some help from their main club but not in the way it’s being done at the moment.

Stourbridge can never hope to be Man City and Arsenal ladies so it’s crazy to ruin the hand that feeds them in chasing these behemoth clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    You won’t be saying that if Patel reduces Corberan’s budget by 40%.

You’re all for all of this b o l l o c k AL until it affects you.

You’d be the first on here moaning about it.

I’m all for girls playing football but they need to support themselves along with some help from their main club but not in the way it’s being done at the moment.

Stourbridge can never hope to be Man City and Arsenal ladies so it’s crazy to ruin the hand that feeds them in chasing these behemoth clubs.

I quite enjoyed watching the girls this afternoon and you can’t beat Sian Massey running down the line with her flag on match day!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68395507

Note in the fifth paragraph the attendance.

Wish we had that kind of support. Even if we had a 60,000 seater stadium we wouldn’t fill it.

I think long term it will catch on.

Quote Originally Posted by On Balance View Post

Wish we had that kind of support. Even if we had a 60,000 seater stadium we wouldn’t fill it.

Large difference in pricing though OB

The Arsenal women crowd maybe an exception but its generally packed out with kids who are charged £5 per ticket and an adult a tenner, the average price is £7.50 and a lot of them are complimentary. Visiting the local cinema costs more. The mens version as you shelling out around £50+ per ticket. The womens game with all its running costs cannot possibly be financially viable charging around £7.50 per game and would probably never survive charging more as many would opt not to go, therefore, it has to be heavily subsidised.

In contrast WBA women play in Redditch and charge £5 entrance. I'd sooner pay £9.50 for fish and chips from the local chippy

Quote Originally Posted by On Balance View Post

You are completely right especially the last sentence. Why will it catch on? Yes as woman’s football is a social occasion where young families and girls can enjoy football and the day out without complete yobs swearing and fighting each other. How many families caught be in that Wolves match will never go again? Lots!

I would take my daughter to a girls match but never a guys match.

Plus there is some good football especially inspired by the England girls.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)