+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Leeds United - v - Stoke City ***Matchday Thread***

Ipswich are definitely the biggest threat not only to us but to Leicester

You certainly wouldn't want to be betting big on this comp. Wasn't long back that people on here were saying that Southampton looked the goods to overtake Leicester for pole position! 😀

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Sometimes against lesser teams, we seem to think it is only a matter of turning up, and we win.
    Dunno if that is a manager or player attitude.

We often accuse teams of raising their game against us, but, and this may be controversial, have we raised our game v Leicester, Ipswich and Chelsea, and then think that other teams are a gimme.
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Sometimes against lesser teams, we seem to think it is only a matter of turning up, and we win.
    Dunno if that is a manager or player attitude.

We often accuse teams of raising their game against us, but, and this may be controversial, have we raised our game v Leicester, Ipswich and Chelsea, and then think that other teams are a gimme.
    Getting the mind into the zone ?

In the world of sports where every millisecond counts & precision is paramount athletes are constantly seeking ways to gain a competitive edge.

One emerging technology that's gaining a host of fans in recent years is "Neurofeedback".
    This 'brain gym' is now helping elite footballers focus & is used comprehensively in French football & most world major leagues including many PL clubs now.

While traditionally used for various mental health applications neurofeedback is finding its place in the training regimes of top football clubs & many pro sports today.

Understanding Neurofeedback ?

Neurofeedback (aka EEG biofeedback) is a non-invasive technique that measures & trains the brain's electrical activity by involving monitoring brainwave patterns & providing real-time feedback to help individuals regulate & optimise their brain function.
    This process is guided by the principle of neuroplasticity which suggests that the brain can adapt & rewire itself.

The Athlete's Brain:

Elite athletes often describe the state of peak performance as "being in the zone." This elusive state is characterised by intense focus, heightened awareness & a sense of effortlessness.
    Neurofeedback aims to help athletes achieve & sustain this optimal mental state by fine-tuning their brain function.

Does it work ?

I agreed to undertake early trials on this evolving tec via several testing sessions using several EEG sensors placed onto my head.
    The sensors recorded my brain activity while i was given mental exercises to work out & then it monitored how my brain relaxed via listening to different music, picture slides & stuff.
    This was balanced with what the tec had detected & caused distractions to my brain - so i learned lots from those trials.

I defo learned better ways of positive thinking & better ways to relax my mind which is usually very active 24/7 living with Schizophrenia in remission.

So a thumbs up from me as any real-time positives for athletes receiving such tec help to obtain a better desired mental state for todays high pressure game is to be applauded, imo.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65410891

Interesting post - rugby has used that sort of thing for a while now in different forms.

Clive Woodward in his quest for World Cup glory used all sorts of coaches and techniques to improve mental performance and well being. He even had an acronym for some of the goals TCUP.

Think Kamara, Somerville and Rutter need a weeks break tbh
    Friday I woud iike to see -
    Meslier Roberts Rodon Ampadu Byram
    Gruev Gray James Anthony
    Joseph Piroe - Joseph 9 Piroe 10

Still plenty subs with Gnonto Joffy Bamford et al

Just give them three a complete rest until next week against Milwall - lol

Makes sense Tichi

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)