+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Leeds United - v - Stoke City ***Matchday Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by Pacaman View Post
    What I don’t like are things like Kamara is good for one half and then he seems to tire and we start to lose the midfield dominance. Gnonto needs to stop complaining and get on with things. Tbf Mellier pulled off some great saves last night. Positives are Ampadu, Roden are solid along with Gruev, Gray (why didn’t he start?) Roberts is going to get better and better. Byram better than Firpo if he can stay fit.
    For some reason Rutter and Summerville are just off it at the mo but I’m pleased we have them, they’re class. I’d change Bamford for Joseph who looks to have the potential to become the real deal and keep Bamford as good option from the bench.

I believe we can still do autos accepting that maybe Ipswich have an easier run in of matches. On that point, is it better for us to play top teams or those struggling in the relegation battle? Should be the latter but appears to be the former? Bit weird but also a little worrying that.

MOT
    Rutter is probably tired and maybe nursing an injury, which is worrisome because he is ***** for Leeds in the run in. Summerville should be rested on Friday against Wednesday but brought back next Sunday. Gnonto on the left, James on right. Kamara should be rested indefinitely, Connor Roberts at right-back, Gray into midfield. Bamford to start for me Joseph as a sub. That leaves Piroe. Not sure. His shooting technique is good i think, so he can be dangerous. Strangely, Piroe is not the threat in the air that Barndoor Bamford is. Definitely need Piroe in the run in but exactly how to play him? really unsure.

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    We’ve lost many points to the bottom 6, not sure why, points that would have us top, no doubt other teams can say the same.
    Sometimes against lesser teams, we seem to think it is only a matter of turning up, and we win.
    Dunno if that is a manager or player attitude.

We often accuse teams of raising their game against us, but, and this may be controversial, have we raised our game v Leicester, Ipswich and Chelsea, and then think that other teams are a gimme.

And hopefully Southampton play this postponed game quickly. Just so everyone is on an even footing going forward from here. 🙄

Maybe, to our advantage, Southampton will have fixture congestion and struggle a bit.

And if Rutter, Summerville, kamara and bamford are tired, why?
    We are only 3/4 through the season.
    Leicester and Ipswich players don’t look tired.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacaman View Post
    What I don’t like are things like Kamara is good for one half and then he seems to tire and we start to lose the midfield dominance. Gnonto needs to stop complaining and get on with things. Tbf Mellier pulled off some great saves last night. Positives are Ampadu, Roden are solid along with Gruev, Gray (why didn’t he start?) Roberts is going to get better and better. Byram better than Firpo if he can stay fit.
    For some reason Rutter and Summerville are just off it at the mo but I’m pleased we have them, they’re class. I’d change Bamford for Joseph who looks to have the potential to become the real deal and keep Bamford as good option from the bench.

I believe we can still do autos accepting that maybe Ipswich have an easier run in of matches. On that point, is it better for us to play top teams or those struggling in the relegation battle? Should be the latter but appears to be the former? Bit weird but also a little worrying that.

MOT
    It's really hard to line up what the run in of games is for each team and who has the easier draw. Looking at the current ladder, there are 8 teams sitting 16th to 23rd with only 2 points between them! A real dogfight looming for relegation escape....so those sides I reckon will be battling hard the closer we get to the season's end.

Thoughts from the game.

We played some excellent stuff first half and some of the movement was excellent but at times we looked to be trying to over elaborate and score the perfect goal. We need players to sometimes just hit it first time.

Second half we looked shattered and lethargic and the press became almost non existent.

V lucky 3 points in the end but we held on and a year ago would have lost that game.

Kamara isn’t a number 8 more a number 4 and looks to play back or defensively too much. Also doesn’t scan or have the awareness of Gruev. Too many times he tends to take the easy option when then puts us under pressure if pressed in our third. In Archie’s little cameo we looked so much more progressive and dangerous - fingers crossed with Roberts proving he is good enough Archie will get minutes there.

Bambi makes so many runs until he gets into the area and then becomes passive and reactive - he needs to gamble and make runs more in the box - someone should sit down with video of Fowler, Shearer, Vardy and Ian Wright.

Matteo Joseph is so ready for the first team.

Bryam reads the game so well and is a just a very good player - Greuv isn’t far behind in reading the game and anticipating.

Crowd fairly subdued for long stretches.

Players looked very tired and some in need of a break - Wendies could be tough if Farke doesn’t rotate a few.

Stoke have some decent players too so just shows how tight this league is beyond the top 6.

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    Maybe, to our advantage, Southampton will have fixture congestion and struggle a bit.
    Just hate the false confidence it provides when you think we are comfortably in front of them! 😁

I think Ipswich is a bigger threat right now.

If we don't win automatic I sure don't want to see them in the playoffs

It is really crazy how good the top 4 teams of the championship are this year. Not sure it's ever had better top 4 teams.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)