+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Takeover talks

Takeover talks

Hearing whispers that we have again been in talks with the Brentford owner, who i gather is looking to sell up down there.

Anyone else heard anything?

Quote Originally Posted by cliffregular81 View Post
    Hearing whispers that we have again been in talks with the Brentford owner, who i gather is looking to sell up down there.

Anyone else heard anything?
    I doubt Brentford have maxed out their profit model yet so I'd be surprised. Not heard anything in my local tavern in Spain like, but I'd be delighted 😀 The sooner Mr Ogren is away the better. He had good intentions I think but his naivety has been disastrous.

There are talks, but to what extent, I don't know.

A very well run club with a very scientific approach to recruitment.

Why us

Quote Originally Posted by bannon_ftd_83 View Post
    Why us
    As United supporters do we not ask ourselves that question on a fairly regular basis?

Why us
    Why anyone? Why Hibs with Bournemouth. Why the Fun with Burnley? I guess we're a more attractive prospect than say, a Motherwell or Killie or any other Scottish Premiership team outwith the top five or six. We're also actively looking for investment. There are a few English clubs looking to do similar to the Hibs/Bournemouth deals.

Ryan Reynolds condsidered taking over Arbroath before deciding on Wrexham. I don't think that there needs to be much reasoning behind these things. As long as we have an owner that actually gets it and wouldn't get our players into a room for a teams meeting when we are facing relegation and get them to shout "Go United!" then I would be all in! We simply can't continue with our current owner, he is out of his depth and has been sold a vision by a charlatan! Lets get this league won first though!

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Why anyone? Why Hibs with Bournemouth. Why the Fun with Burnley? I guess we're a more attractive prospect than say, a Motherwell or Killie or any other Scottish Premiership team outwith the top five or six. We're also actively looking for investment. There are a few English clubs looking to do similar to the Hibs/Bournemouth deals.
    It sounds more like a takeover than a link with an English club that ultimately means nothing.

It sounds more like a takeover than a link with an English club that ultimately means nothing.
    I'd hazard a guess that it's going to be more along the lines of Bournemouth & Hibs than whatever that Fulham pish was.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)