+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oh dear Sheff Utd.

A nice little nest egg to enjoy your retirement from Moderating

Well done Brin, good shout.......

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    Well done Brin, good shout.......
    Cheers pal. Hoping to make corporate before the season end and say hello again.

The Sheffield United team that got promoted last season would be half way in this seasons' Championship.That doesn't shy away from some of the issues down at the NYS but the Championship at the moment is at a standard it has never seen before. Another point worth mentioning is that Burnley are on the same points as the Blades which seems to go under the radar. Why are the whole of the media,the internet and the world in general so easy on Vincent Company? Burnley are rarely discussed,in fact sometimes I forget they are in the Premier League but the way Sheffield United and Chris Wilder are ridiculed one would think that they would be 20 points behind them.
    Last edited by Jimmy Badfellow; 05-03-2024 at 06:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    The Sheffield United team that got promoted last season would be half way in this seasons' Championship.That doesn't shy away from some of the issues down at the NYS but the Championship at the moment is at a standard it has never seen before. Another point worth mentioning is that Burnley are on the same points as the Blades which seems to go under the radar. Why are the whole of the media,the internet and the world in general so easy on Vincent Company? Burnley are rarely discussed,in fact sometimes I forget they are in the Premier League but the way Sheffield United and Chris Wilder are ridiculed one would think that they would be 20 points behind them.
    JB, Good points, why are Sheff Utd always scrutinised like they are? Little club syndrome amongst the big fish?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    JB, Good points, why are Sheff Utd always scrutinised like they are? Little club syndrome amongst the big fish?
    Exactly woe betide anyone says one bad thing about the 'Great' Vincent Company.I can't believe how the media leave him alone!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    Exactly woe betide anyone says one bad thing about the 'Great' Vincent Company.I can't believe how the media leave him alone!
    I asked a couple of Burnley fans last summer whether Kompany would get the push in Autumn after being in the inevitable relegation spot.
    Both said independently of each other that he will only leave if he wants to. I asked them again in Jan and got the same answer.
    So it appears as though he’s got the backing of their fans too, or at least some of them anyway.
    If he makes it to July then he’s got a really easy ride next season with his extra £60m or so transfer / salary kitty which will make him look like a top manager

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Some separate issues here I think Brin.
    Burnley can hardly be classed as a big club, in fact their supporter base is smaller than Sheffield United's but Vincent Kompany captained Manchester City to numerous trophies and, at one time, was tipped as a potential successor to Pep Guardiola so therefore is a media darling and gets treated accordingly.
    Chris Wilder is an unfashionable manager at an unfashionable club so is considered to be a fair target.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Some separate issues here I think Brin.
    Burnley can hardly be classed as a big club, in fact their supporter base is smaller than Sheffield United's but Vincent Kompany captained Manchester City to numerous trophies and, at one time, was tipped as a potential successor to Pep Guardiola so therefore is a media darling and gets treated accordingly.
    Chris Wilder is an unfashionable manager at an unfashionable club so is considered to be a fair target.
    Mellow, very good points indeed. Also Wulder says it as it is and Company just sulks C off away from the media.

And yet with parachute payments they will have a decent chance of returning. We wont.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast