+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Annan this Saturday

If anyone thinks that this squad is good enough to be challenging at the top end really are deluding themselves. And this is not helped by a manager whose ideas are beyond belief. Who would think putting a 6ft 4 giant whose strengths have been bullying centre half’s onto the right wing while two right wingers at the club don’t start. Or have players running backwards without making any challenges in the centre of the park allowing a 39 year old dictate the play. I could go on and on. I actually sickenly found it entertaining as to how bad we are I found myself laughing. Gavin has lost all his pace, Connolly is frustrating. Mckechnie is unbelievably bad. McKay is so bad its scary McClelland just not willing to challenge goss cos he didn’t fancy the physical side of the game. The one by McKay where he had a towering header at the back post only to knock it back into his own six yard area had me rubbing my eyes in disbelief. Mckecnies effort in playing a pass down the line only for the ball to hit both feet before skewing it into the stand had me actually laughing out loud. This is basic stuff in terms of being able to head and kick a football. Something these players are training for all week.
    Annan had a spirit about them and dictated play especially in the 2nd half where they should have been out of sight. I can see them staying in this league, whether it be through the play offs or in league position whereas if we ended up in the play offs I really don’t fancy us cos we are everything Annan aren’t at the moment and this is now the business end

Another rudderless display with no shape or togetherness. It's startling we are so deep in the season and the manager has no idea how to set us up. The lack of spirit is down to Marvin and his coaches. The neglect of this is absurd. Annan are a team. We are a collection of changing faces from one week to the next. Annan knew what to do and carried it out. A solid team with an old head setting the tone.
    The players are far from blameless but these ever changing set ups are wrecking cohesion and trust.
    Max Kilsby in a nutshell is us. Dependable and confident at Annan to a lost shirt in a matter of weeks at Queens. The irony of young Oscar nipping up the wing to lay on the first sum's us up.
    Marvin must go if he won't walk maybe the people who gave him a 2 and a quarter year contract could pay him off.

Qos can’t argue with anything you’ve said. What amazed me was that our midfield was completely non existent. When we had the ball in midfield there was always at least two Annan shirts closing down the ball. When Annan had the ball our midfield always backed off and this made Gibson look like a superstar as he had all the freedom he wanted to play. Now if this was down to the players then they need a rocket out the door. But I suspect this was tactics from the manager. Then there’s playing mumbongo as a right winger!!!! Absolutely ridiculous decision and again this was down to a managers decision. How can a 6ft4 monster be able to be nimble enough to house past players and get crosses into a box to where he should be. Absolutely crazy. Look at Voss who is a similar type of player. Where was he playing and what was the result? Answer - Through the middle and gets a goal from a cross.
    The general effort from the players though is shocking. Our captain can’t pass water. Mckechnie can’t cross a ball. Our centre half’s can’t tackle and our cf tries but has lost all his pace. There was a point in the 2nd half where McIntyre was giving gav a 5yrd start in a race for the ball. The wee man went past him within the first 10 yards.
    Absolute shambles of a side with players not fit to wear a blue shirt and a manager that has absolutely no integrity and refuses to do the right thing and just go.

It seems like yesterday annoyed you fatfan...........

I think what's fairly telling is that there is absolutely no one responding and at least offering up some slight defence. It was awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Threefivetwo View Post

I think what's fairly telling is that there is absolutely no one responding and at least offering up some slight defence. It was awful.
    352 it was a complete shambles and just goes against what some have been defending. Players alongside the manager were totally responsible for this disgrace. I actually found myself being impressed by Annan, then thought how far we have fallen when we are being totally outplayed by Annan. This is meant as no disrespect to Annan but they are p/t and still relatively new to the senior ranks and no huge amounts of money being ploughed into them. They thoroughly deserved there win. The other thing that impressed was how well they cater for fans. Decent covered stands and proper food stalls. These put qos to shame

I still don't think QoS will be relegated or even find themselves in the playoffs. Maybe a case of fingers crossed to be fair.

However, severe wholesale changes need to be made during the summer, that much is clear to all.

Being so close to the pitch at Annan allows fans to hear what they normally don't elsewhere. Even simple shouts such as man on were far more audible from those in yellow and black, meaning they were caught in possession less.

The boy McKay sums it all up for me. He carries himself as Ronaldo in the pre-match warm ups however zero heart during the game. And when McKechnie comes on you know the games up. I've no issue with players not being good enough, that happens in every industry, however a combination of that and confidence in bits should be noted by the manager.

I haven't listened to Harry's interview but Marvin's is depressing enough. He is the manager but he's put all yesterday on the players again. He and his coaches are doing a great tireless job. He has his head in the sand. These players are not a team. They are not enjoying their work He is not leading the team. He won't change. There will be a new hair brained master plan for the next game. The players are far from blameless the defending is not good enough but the same can be said about every department.
    If this is allowed to continue it will end in relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by Threefivetwo View Post

Please walk now Marvin and don't wait to join the directors at the end of the season - enough is enough

I'm completely with Fatfan here and simply cannot understand why Marvin is not playing Mumbongo in the striking role.

It's almost as if Marvin is trying to sabotage the season, - but that makes no sense whatsoever, as he is only damaging his own credentials.

He’s an absolute clown. Get him out of our football club.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)