If anyone thinks that this squad is good enough to be challenging at the top end really are deluding themselves. And this is not helped by a manager whose ideas are beyond belief. Who would think putting a 6ft 4 giant whose strengths have been bullying centre half’s onto the right wing while two right wingers at the club don’t start. Or have players running backwards without making any challenges in the centre of the park allowing a 39 year old dictate the play. I could go on and on. I actually sickenly found it entertaining as to how bad we are I found myself laughing. Gavin has lost all his pace, Connolly is frustrating. Mckechnie is unbelievably bad. McKay is so bad its scary McClelland just not willing to challenge goss cos he didn’t fancy the physical side of the game. The one by McKay where he had a towering header at the back post only to knock it back into his own six yard area had me rubbing my eyes in disbelief. Mckecnies effort in playing a pass down the line only for the ball to hit both feet before skewing it into the stand had me actually laughing out loud. This is basic stuff in terms of being able to head and kick a football. Something these players are training for all week.
Annan had a spirit about them and dictated play especially in the 2nd half where they should have been out of sight. I can see them staying in this league, whether it be through the play offs or in league position whereas if we ended up in the play offs I really don’t fancy us cos we are everything Annan aren’t at the moment and this is now the business end