+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Villas losses!

Villas losses!

Reporting an eye watering £120,000,000 loss for last season! More than has ever been lost by a club! How on earth they weedle themselves out of an FFP points deduction I just don’t know! Football is ruined..

It really makes no sense at all Dave.

You have Prem clubs racking up this kind of debt and then you have the new FFP rules coming in which are even more draconian for Championship clubs making it even more difficult for promoted clubs.

Watching Sheffield United last night and on a number of occasions this seasons, they’re getting completely outclassed.

Last night was like watching a non league club like Stourbridge FC playing against a Championship team in the FA Cup with 11 men behind the ball yet still getting walked through.

I’ve said for a long time now, I have no problem with a club spending billions on players but that this spend should be ownership funded and not debt leveraged against the club.

In the case of Villa, I’d like to know how they stand when it comes to any future relegation, will they be punished for breaking the rules for the season they last got promoted?

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    It really makes no sense at all Dave.

You have Prem clubs racking up this kind of debt and then you have the new FFP rules coming in which are even more draconian for Championship clubs making it even more difficult for promoted clubs.

Watching Sheffield United last night and on a number of occasions this seasons, they’re getting completely outclassed.

Last night was like watching a non league club like Stourbridge FC playing against a Championship team in the FA Cup with 11 men behind the ball yet still getting walked through.

I’ve said for a long time now, I have no problem with a club spending billions on players but that this spend should be ownership funded and not debt leveraged against the club.

In the case of Villa, I’d like to know how they stand when it comes to any future relegation, will they be punished for breaking the rules for the season they last got promoted?
    Agree with all that👍
    Does seem to be one rule for one, another for the rest. In holistic terms it certainly doesn't benefit the game as a whole. And no, technically Villa should never have been promoted in the first place

FFP is a mess.

I always thought it was brought into stop the divide between the big clubs spending and the rest. All its done is made it harder for clubs to break into the big 6.

How do those that run football make it to the position they do and get it so wrong every time?

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    FFP is a mess.

I always thought it was brought into stop the divide between the big clubs spending and the rest. All its done is made it harder for clubs to break into the big 6.

How do those that run football make it to the position they do and get it so wrong every time?
    Hear, hear 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

In a f kin nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    FFP is a mess.

It’s because those that run football have the best interests of the ‘big’ clubs at heart, those are the ones that rake in the cash; money is all that they are interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    It’s because those that run football have the best interests of the ‘big’ clubs at heart, those are the ones that rake in the cash; money is all that they are interested in.
    Ain’t that the truth!

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Ain’t that the truth!
    They’re terrified that a “small” club infiltrates the elite on an extended basis.

They’re embarrassed about a stadium like Leicester’s hosting Champions League football.

They do all they can to avoid generationally top clubs like Villa, Newcastle and Everton even joining the perceived elite.

They don’t really want Spurs in there because they hate Levy and Joe Green.

Arsenal have all the power players tossing off over them at the moment, they’re welcomed back in.

Man City

Man U

Liverpool

Arsenal

Chelsea

Spurs

THAT is the elite as perceived and really only the top four of that list are their elite elite if you get my drift.

They’re terrified that a “small” club infiltrates the elite on an extended basis.

They’re embarrassed about a stadium like Leicester’s hosting Champions League football.

They do all they can to avoid generationally top clubs like Villa, Newcastle and Everton even joining the perceived elite.

Arsenal have all the power players tossing off over them at the moment, they’re welcomed back in.

Man City

Man U

Liverpool

Arsenal

Chelsea

Spurs

THAT is the elite as perceived and really only the top four of that list are their elite elite if you get my drift.
    That’s it.

Man City

Man U

Liverpool

Arsenal

Chelsea

Spurs

hit the nail on the head there mick..what would really happen if ffp was run the proper way it was designed for ,mind boggles well mine does.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)