+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prediction League - Fulham

I can only agree Mich, that came as a surprise especially with the early injuries, we rode the first half, once we scored we were relatively comfortable.

I hope Cunha’s return isn’t rushed back given what happened with Neto yesterday. Our small squad is really stretched at the moment, we need to get through next Saturday somehow then there’s a couple of weeks until the next league game.

Some great performances yesterday Lemina, Gomes, Sa and MOTM Ait Nouri. GON described that as our best result of the season, in the circumstances I have to agree.

Well that was three points i didn't think we would get. Fulham in good form, our injury list climbing and the three nil defeat to Newcastle all pointed to an away victory. How wrong can you be!

The early loss of Bellegarde and later the loss of Neto, who pulled up holding his other hamstring, made a home win look more difficult. However, some tweaks to the formation, helped us to go in at half time at 0-0. Fulham had the better chances, hitting the bar when a goal looked easier. Santiago Bueno slotted seamlessly into the backline for the injured Dawson and is starting to look like a very good player. he makes things look easy, so calm on the ball. He could be the mainstay of our defence in the years to come.

Wolves started the second half in a different gear, putting Fulham under pressure and looking the most likely to score, but who was going to take the opportunity with our top two goal scorers injured? Step up the diminutive Ait Nouri. A neat pull back by Toti saw the forementioned rifle the ball into the roof of the net, to be met by rapturous applause. We had the game by the scruff of the neck, with Doyle, Lamina and Gomez snapping everything up in midfield and splaying passes to each side of the pitch.

Gomez is fast becoming the heartbeat of the midfield, his strength in the tackle and close control led to the second goal if a little fortuitous. Semedo's shot appeared to be going wide when it hit Tom Cairney before the back of the net. Fulham made several substitutions and the introduction of Adam Traore bought a generous round of applause from the Wolves fans. It wasn't long before a traditional Adama run and shot was saved by Sa. Eight minutes of extra time saw Fulham cast caution to the wind and Lemina should have sown it up when Sarabia may have been the better option. Sa was bought into action and made several saves before the Londoners sneaked one in the 98th minute.

As Norton says, Ait Nouri was probably MOTM but Gomez and the amazing Mario must have pushed him close. If players have to be sold in the summer we must keep Gomez no matter what we are offered, he just bleeds gold and Black.

As I had some time to spare after the final whistle I wandered around to the main entrance where the two Fulham coaches were waiting. Tom Cairney was stood outside the barriers talking, and was quite happy to pose for pictures and sign autographs for our supporters, credit to him. Rayan Ait Nouri came out with his hood up and again posed and signed, I was surprised how small and light framed he is. Gomez also emerged and is another who is not very tall. I did get a nod for Mr Hobbs as he passed by, he does need some praise for the squad he is putting together. A final word for our number 63,Nathan Fraser who did not look out of place on his first start.

All eyes on Coventry now.

Another great write-up George. Many thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)