+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Townsend & Hope It’s Not Reach

No Townsend & Hope It’s Not Reach

Not bothered Townsend is out as don’t rate him but please play Pipa. I am sure the love child Reach will play and he’s s hite! I fail to find any positives in this guy!

We need at least a point at QPR as Huddersfield will be tough! To stay in the play offs we need at least 3 points out of both games!

I don’t like Reach as a full back but there must be a reason Carlos prefers him to pipa

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Not bothered Townsend is out as don’t rate him but please play Pipa. I am sure the love child Reach will play and he’s s hite! I fail to find any positives in this guy!

We need at least a point at QPR as Huddersfield will be tough! To stay in the play offs we need at least 3 points out of both games!
    That and Chalobah on 60 mins is a recipe for disaster

I think that Reach can do a job at full back but I’d be tempted to give Pipa a go. The little I’ve seen of him looks OK. Agree regarding Chalobah, not impressed.

Think Reach has improved to be fair and he has played some nice passes in recent games. Carlos obviously rates him but whilst he may be flexible enough to cover at full back I'm still not over sure about his defensive capabilities (though could say the same about Townsend!). I too thought Pipa looked quite good when he got his chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegstrat6 View Post
    Think Reach has improved to be fair and he has played some nice passes in recent games. Carlos obviously rates him but whilst he may be flexible enough to cover at full back I'm still not over sure about his defensive capabilities (though could say the same about Townsend!). I too thought Pipa looked quite good when he got his chance.
    I know some don’t like stats because they don’t show the whole picture but stats wise he doesn’t give the ball away much at all. I think this is what Carlos likes about him.
    83% pass accuracy over the season.
    Last edited by boingy; 06-03-2024 at 08:27 AM.

Pipa should cover it’s his natural position.

I'd play Pieters at fb and bring Bartley into the centre.

Quote Originally Posted by billsbest View Post
    I'd play Pieters at fb and bring Bartley into the centre.
    Think Bartley is one booking away from a 2 game ban so he might stay on the bench, the replacement for Townsend depends weather we go for a back 4 or 5, I would probably play a back 5 with Reach at LWB and Leave Diangana out.

If Bartley is fit then he should play. He has been missed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)