+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Away record upto now

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Bringing on Tilson for Moult was the right decision imo. Moult could have got injured the way that thug Baird was throwing himself about and the game was won anyway so why not bring on a holding midfielder for a striker?maybe if it we were drawing or losing then I'd get your thinking but we were up 4-1.

If Goodwin wasn't our manager next season then I wouldn't lose any sleep but I don't think he deserves a lot of the 5hite he gets and I really do think your expectations throughout this season have been unrealistic because this was always going to be a bit of a slog and not a walk in the park plus the unexpected challenge of Raith Rovers has pushed us all the way.

This post is 100% is spot on, he's done very well to do what he's done with Utd being relegated and the negativity around the place, he got his signings spot on top mostly

The fun were on 58pts after 33 games and ended up on 63 to win it in the final day needing a win, we are on 68, Raith on 61 with 4 to play, Killie won it with 67 on day

I'll be very comfortable if he's our manager going into the prem, the squad like him, it builds continuity which is the thing that works best, we are crying out for a 3 year run or so with one manager, he also deserves it, I hope it works out as he is very likable which I never thought I'd have said a year ago and wan't him to get it up his deriders especially outwith our support, he's about to do that by disappointing many Utd haters and getting us up with a very good pts total

As well as the record amount of away league wins in our entire history being set last night - again, not possible with a so called clown at the helm

Most away goals we've scored in a season since the very important promotion of 1959/60, 37 currently, our away following deserve that, been outstanding after the covid season, genuinely unreal at times, tam courts season haven't seen the like, hoping if we get over the line and back where we belong will be more of the same

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    Yeah maybe not Tilson but a midfielder to save Moult's fitness and safety was fine with me.

You are part of a small section of our support who's always hated Goodwin and that's just the way it is. He's never ever going to win these fans round. Look I'm not his biggest fan, he's made plenty mistakes but I don't get how guys like you and TEK and many others are so negative when we're finally putting our stamp on the league.
    I'm absolutely buzzing with the last few results,you seem not to notice my posts that express this. And it's not that I've always hated him either. Yeah I guess you could say that I hated him as a player but as a manager he was a disaster at the sheep and I'll never forget those last 5 games of last season regardless of whether the squad was good enough or not. He's made a lot of mistakes,and then kept on repeating them. He's been slow to learn and stubborn as f*ck at times and stumbled onto this latest winning formula by accident. I'll congratulate him if we get up but won't be sorry to see him leave.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    This post is 100% is spot on, he's done very well to do what he's done with Utd being relegated and the negativity around the place, he got his signings spot on top mostly

The fun were on 58pts after 33 games and ended up on 63 to win it in the final day needing a win, we are on 68, Raith on 61 with 4 to play, Killie won it with 67 on day

I'll be very comfortable if he's our manager going into the prem, the squad like him, it builds continuity which is the thing that works best, we are crying out for a 3 year run or so with one manager, he also deserves it, I hope it works out as he is very likable which I never thought I'd have said a year ago and wan't him to get it up his deriders especially outwith our support, he's about to do that by disappointing many Utd haters and getting us up with a very good pts total
    The squad like him 🤣 I know a few that don't.
    He's likeable but imo it's more like certain members of the squad own him.
    He stood in to do a job which was to manage the best team with the best resources to get promoted. Due to the way his team have been set up to play for majority of last 5 months, and the recent poor home results, he deserves a thanks and a taxi., that's it.
    He got off to great start with his plan A, had no plan B when Plan A got sussed, and with no Gallagher and Holt, managed to find his leprechaun, gave it a rub and stumbled on Plan X which looks like it got us across line.

Utd supporters are dissatisfied with how long it's taken to turn up in big games, if we'd have done this in the post season we'd have stayed up, before the Raith game, if we'd have done this in even half the big games this season, we'd be up already.

If he stays on and learns then we all want him to succeed.
    Trust me if Jim reverts to pre Raith mentality next season then many if not most will be disappointed if he's not emptied before Sunak is.

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    The squad like him 🤣 I know a few that don't.
    He's likeable but imo it's more like certain members of the squad own him.
    He stood in to do a job which was to manage the best team with the best resources to get promoted. Due to the way his team have been set up to play for majority of last 5 months, and the recent poor home results, he deserves a thanks and a taxi., that's it.
    He got off to great start with his plan A, had no plan B when Plan A got sussed, and with no Gallagher and Holt, managed to find his leprechaun, gave it a rub and stumbled on Plan X which looks like it got us across line.

Utd supporters are dissatisfied with how long it's taken to turn up in big games, if we'd have done this in the post season we'd have stayed up, before the Raith game, if we'd have done this in even half the big games this season, we'd be up already.

If he stays on and learns then we all want him to succeed.
    Trust me if Jim reverts to pre Raith mentality next season then many if not most will be disappointed if he's not emptied before Sunak is.
    I think Goodwin's recruitment record is decent. Really difficult to get quality players to sign up for a season in the Championship. But we appear to have done just enough in terms of signings to get us up and are not over-committed to a squad on long-term contracts.

A lot of boys are out of contract at the end of the season. This makes things a bit easier for the club in terms of bringing in a clutch of new signings that can cope with the challenge of the premiership.

What may hinder us is if there is protracted negotiations between Hilda and the prospective new owners. Hopefully negotiations in the regard have been ongoing and that this all transpires quickly just as soon as we have secured promotion. If, indeed, we don't blow this gilt-edged opportunity.

I'm not a big fan of Goodwin. But he's not out of his depth l8ke Liam Fox was. I wouldn't be in a hurry to empty him given our record in managerial apps since Houstie.

Empty him after winning the league and gaining promotion? We shouldn't even be discussing that type of nonsense. 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Empty him after winning the league and gaining promotion? We shouldn't even be discussing that type of nonsense. 🤔
    Opinions mate, mine is plenty will want Jim gone if his first 2 months next season go as the 2 months prior to the recent win v Raith

Some folk just have it in for him. I'm really not sure what that's all about to be honest.

Perpetual change..

Need stability more than anything or we could end up right back down again. Recruitment is key so is there really time to change managers again, hope he gets up to speed quickly and if new to Scottish football learns the ropes quickly. Too many ifs and buts in my opinion.

Doesn't matter who you have in if there isn't a proper recruitment strategy in place.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)