+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 📅Pre-Match Build-Up Thread: AFC Wimbledon (H) 09.03.24

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I agreed with 80% of what Maynard said today, but the other 20% concerned me, especially when he said "we aren't equipped to deal with balls into the box". Really? Dealing with balls into the box is a huge part of winning games. I don't know if it was a subtle dig at the owners and recruitment or the players, but it seemed like an admission of defeat to me. His job is solving the weakness, not broadcasting it to other teams.
    But we haven't been able to deal with balls into the box for the last 18 months at least. As for not mentioning it? All the other teams know exactly what we can and can't do, a crap last line of defence is no secret.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    But we haven't been able to deal with balls into the box for the last 18 months at least.
    The FACT that we only conceded 42 goals in 46 games suggests that we dealt with balls into the box pretty well last season! But I'm enough of a realist to understand why - there were a lot less balls into the box and the opposing attackers were less capable of taking advantage of them. It's our obvious weakness, and I think it can only be solved with new players.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234