+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 📅Pre-Match Build-Up Thread: AFC Wimbledon (H) 09.03.24

The Notts' X feed is focussed on photos of togetherness -
    Together into the weekend
    https://twitter.com/Official_NCFC

I want to see some urgency and desire from everyone in a black and white shirt today.
    Heavy pressing all over the park, defenders going towards opposition players as they move towards our goal, rather than backing off and allowing shooting opportunities. Id love a f*** up free day from Baldwin and Cameron. Id like Cameron to stay on his feet for 90 minutes instead of his pathetic play acting and Langstaff to score some of the gilt edged chances he's missed of late. In a perfect world I might even hope that Nemane can make a telling contribution. Our relegation form requires some show of commitment, desire and effort to repay the superb support they receive from Notts fans. It is the players responsibilty to lift the crowd. Show it matters.

Quote Originally Posted by freemuzzy View Post
    Bit concerning if he genuinely believes that the second half vs Sutton was the only half we’ve played badly under him.

The Crewe and Gillingham home games in-particular say hi.
    Is that what he said? Oh god.

The games against Wrexham and Mansfield regularly get written off as unlucky near misses, but we were poor in both of those second halves as well. To be fair to Maynard our piss poor second halves have been an under written feature of the season.

All change today though!

Quote Originally Posted by BJPIE View Post
    I want to see some urgency and desire from everyone in a black and white shirt today.
    Heavy pressing all over the park, defenders going towards opposition players as they move towards our goal, rather than backing off and allowing shooting opportunities. Id love a f*** up free day from Baldwin and Cameron. Id like Cameron to stay on his feet for 90 minutes instead of his pathetic play acting and Langstaff to score some of the gilt edged chances he's missed of late. In a perfect world I might even hope that Nemane can make a telling contribution. Our relegation form requires some show of commitment, desire and effort to repay the superb support they receive from Notts fans. It is the players responsibilty to lift the crowd. Show it matters.
    Absolutely this...Defenders forcing opposition players to rush their passes rather than standing of them so they can pick a pass. I've seen that way too often this season. The heavy pressing was part of our game but has disappeared of late, again forcing the mistakes like opposition do to us.

Anything else?

Horrible interviews.

Catch a few hours before the game now.

The interviews have got awfully mundane which I put more down to the interviewers.

I’d say a lot of Notts fans have given a lot of sh*t to the players rather than superb support!!

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    I’d say a lot of Notts fans have given a lot of sh*t to the players rather than superb support!!
    What utter nonsense Banjo. They have had superb support home and away. Those that attend have a right to express their opinion, both good and bad. The one thing I expect for my money is commitment and effort. You cant always win but you can always try.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppie View Post
    Anything else?
    I agree with BJ. In answer to Hoppie, how about a free pie and cup of Bovril at half-time?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast