+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: West Ham v Burnley Match Preview

West Ham v Burnley Match Preview

West Ham v Burnley Match Preview
    Venue: The London Stadium, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, London E20 2ST.
    Kick Off- 14.00 Sunday 10 March 2024.

The Clarets face a second successive Sunday fixture as they travel south to take on West Ham at the London Stadium. A 0-2 home defeat by Bournemouth last weekend has all but consigned the Clarets to an immediate return to the Championship.

The Hammers in contrast currently lie seventh in the Premier League table and are well placed to qualify yet again for European competition. A poor run of results in January and at the beginning of February including a 0-6 humbling home defeat by Arsenal had put some pressure on manager David Moyes. His side however have bounced back with two straight wins first at home to Brentford and then at Everton. Jarrod Bowen who is pushing strongly for selection in England’s squad for the European Championships netted a match winning hat trick against the Bees while goalkeeper Alphonse Areola was instrumental in the Hammers victory at Goodison Park with a string of fine saves including keeping out a penalty kick.

West Ham travel to Freiburg on Thursday evening for a last 16 Europa League tie as they look to claim another European trophy, having won the Europa Conference League last year. Burnley’s own participation in the Europa League in 2018-19 now seems a very distant memory in what has been a very disappointing season.Burnley put in an improved performance against Bournemouth but their season long failings at both ends of the pitch were still evident. An inability to convert scoring opportunities into goals coupled with a brittle defence suggests the Clarets will return empty-handed from their latest capital encounter.

I like West Ham, don't know why but I always enjoy watching them. Paqueta can be an absolute joy to watch, while Zouma cracks me up, he's so clumsy and ungainly he looks D1 at best to me, but he continues to survive at the top level, maybe it's just that it's a long way to run round him. Moyes is an enigma, it seems he's going to get sacked every month, then they go on a run and he's safe for another month. They've lost Declan Rice, and they have somehow to cope with the Europa League, which has ruined many bigger clubs that the Hammer's season, and yet there they are 7th in the PL, above Newcastle, one place behind United. I don't know how they do it, but good luck to them.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)