+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Who will join us in League 1?

Who will join us in League 1?

It is often said that it's the hope that kills you! Well there is no hope for us and I'm feeling quite at ease with that and being able to look at the results around us as one would from a neutral position. Whether we are 25 points adrift from 2nd bottom after 46 games or not, what remains a fact is that 2 other clubs from the Championship will be starting off in League 1 in August on zero points,just like us.Who will it be?

I'm going for Huddersfield and Plymouth.

Looking at the games remaining, Blackburn should be concerned. I'd go with Plymouth and either Birmin'ham or Blackburn.

I think Plymouth has shown they have more than enough in the tank to avoid relegation. I think the most likely candidates on current form et cetera would be Huddersfield and Stoke. I think QPR will do the same as they did last year and find sufficient form to avoid the drop.

The table is so compressed because the top 4 are way ahead of the rest and everyone else has had more than their fair share of points off us!

Hopefully Mansfield and Stockport go up,used to be a season on season regular trips in the past and it’s been quite a while…hope Burton stay up a nice little trip and standing behind the goal….perhaps get rid of Bolton and Derby if only to see how Warne gets on in the championship at a different club…

Relegation with Rotherham Sheff Weds Stoke

We will have a big say in it, we play Hudders, Plymouth, Brum and Millwall all at home. If we turn up we could take points off some of these's teams. Law of averages say will will win again..................might be September though.

Imagine the stick the supporters will give the club who we beat.........lol.

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    We will have a big say in it, we play Hudders, Plymouth, Brum and Millwall all at home.lol.
    The Millwall game might be a bit feisty as per the one a few seasons ago.
    Easter Monday too.

The Owls defeat relieved a lot of stress. I'm now looking forward to the last ten friendlies in the knowledge that two teams who have doubled our points score will go down with us.
    We are probably the only team that can take a relegation in our stride. For anyone else it could be a financial disaster.