+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mikey Johnston

Mikey Johnston

Interesting debate on a Celtic webinar. Clearly think he has no future at Celtic despite what one of them thought is a “purple patch” for West Brom. They said he never cut it at Celtic and that all the wingers who replaced him are not doing great either. I think there’s every chance of him being sold but if we don’t act then someone else will cash in on someone who seems to fit in here well. He works hard away from his wing play too, running all over the pitch.
    Clearly not wanted at Celtic, is it just a purple patch at the moment?, or is he a good prospect to buy. The Celtic fans have seen a lot of him and one said he buckled when he needed to take his chances. (Interesting though that they said that none of their wingers can take a man on which Mikey did)
    Thoughts?

What we have witnessed to date has been spectacular. We have to wait until the remaining ten matches have been completed before making a final judgement. If he continues in the same vein then I suggest that we do everything, within reason, to retain his services.

I have already said on another thread that we should be careful as Diangana was superb in our promotion season with Bilic but has not reached those levels of performance since and only occasionally shows glimpses of quality. But certainly at the moment he is the star of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Wazoo View Post
    I have already said on another thread that we should be careful as Diangana was superb in our promotion season with Bilic but has not reached those levels of performance since and only occasionally shows glimpses of quality. But certainly at the moment he is the star of the team.

Totally agree! Yes he can be light weight but does anyone think Asante would have scored both those goals with one touch! No way!

Just needs confidence

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Interesting debate on a Celtic webinar. Clearly think he has no future at Celtic despite what one of them thought is a “purple patch” for West Brom. They said he never cut it at Celtic and that all the wingers who replaced him are not doing great either. I think there’s every chance of him being sold but if we don’t act then someone else will cash in on someone who seems to fit in here well. He works hard away from his wing play too, running all over the pitch.
    Clearly not wanted at Celtic, is it just a purple patch at the moment?, or is he a good prospect to buy. The Celtic fans have seen a lot of him and one said he buckled when he needed to take his chances. (Interesting though that they said that none of their wingers can take a man on which Mikey did)
    Thoughts?

Still think Celtic and Rangers are Premier level albeit lower half so that could answer the question. Not good enough for that level but great for the championship. Let’s be honest - we have some good players but they certainly won’t cut if in the Premier with the exception of Palmer!

I think it all depends on the deal and probably also if we get promoted.

I don't think we should sign him at any cost, which is what we did with Diangana, but if the deal is right for us then yes, I'd have him permanently.

I have no idea what Celtic actually want for him, is it £1-2 mill... or £10m? Valuations of players are like the wild west, and if he keeps banging wonder goals in like he's been doing then not only will it add to his value but there will be other clubs sniffing too.

Celtic and Rangers are both rubbish, if you stuck them in the Championship they’d be lucky to make the play offs.

Does anyone on here watch Scottish football on SKY, it is absolute dog sh it!?

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Celtic and Rangers are both rubbish, if you stuck them in the Championship they’d be lucky to make the play offs.

Yes I do! As mentioned Rangers and Celtic would be lower half of the Premier but both have more quality than us. A team like Rangers can’t be that s hit by reaching a European final a couple of years ago - it was not a one off as they played some good teams and should have won it!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

In fairness if they were paid as much TV revenue as the teams down south then with their domestic support and higher global profile regardless of the current state of the SPL they'd surpass the likes of us in no time.

For the record I don't want either of them down here and that's before I look at how much their commercial departments would leave heavyweights of the English game such as West Bromwich Albion, Middlesbrough, Sheffield United and Luton etc in their wake.

Honestly, with some decent decisions behind the scenes within a few seasons of being down south they'd leave the likes of us Southampton and Norwich etc way behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    In fairness if they were paid as much TV revenue as the teams down south then with their domestic support and higher global profile regardless of the current state of the SPL they'd surpass the likes of us in no time.

For the record I don't want either of them down here and that's before I look at how much their commercial departments would leave heavyweights of the English game such as West Bromwich Albion, Middlesbrough, Sheffield United and Luton etc in their wake.

Honestly, with some decent decisions behind the scenes within a few seasons of being down south they'd leave the likes of us Southampton and Norwich etc way behind.

100% agree Dan! They would still beat the likes of us and Sheffield, Luton etc before you consider the huge revenue behind them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)