+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Predictable?

Predictable?

So next to f00k all "invested" by our new owners in anything significant, including the abysmal condition of ER, and we get a gun put to the heads of ST owners who have, in most cases, spent thousands over many seasons in good times and bad and now because the 49ers want to keep that cash register ringing in the shop, we get this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Em3JZPAhkG4

Perhaps they might like to compare and contrast online sales with thise at the ground and if they don't like the result, maybe spend some time establishing why (online sales not being where they want them) rather than extorting mire miney frim fans who have provided the vast majority of "base load" revenues from fans?

Sign of the times I guess, and nothing good abiut it.

And no, I dont like this and I suspect every ST owner will feel the same, great relationship management.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    So next to f00k all "invested" by our new owners in anything significant, including the abysmal condition of ER, and we get a gun put to the heads of ST owners who have, in most cases, spent thousands over many seasons in good times and bad and now because the 49ers want to keep that cash register ringing in the shop, we get this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Em3JZPAhkG4

Perhaps they might like to compare and contrast online sales with thise at the ground and if they don't like the result, maybe spend some time establishing why (online sales not being where they want them) rather than extorting mire miney frim fans who have provided the vast majority of "base load" revenues from fans?

Sign of the times I guess, and nothing good abiut it.
    No idea wtf was going on with the link, but THIS is the story I was referring to!!!

https://motleedsnews.com/exclusives/...t-elland-road/

Sorry for any confusion caused!

Predictably negative?

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Predictably negative?
    Care to challenge by illustrating the positive, or would that be just too hard?

Lots of positives.

Financially we seem to be in a very good position. We have well resourced owners who seem to have a plan.

Step 1 get a decent manager.
    Step 2 within the constraints of FFP support him whether through signings or loans with an option to buy.
    Step 3 manage the shape of the squad and take football based decisions with the manager - ergo the outgoing of Ayling and the non renewal of Cooper’s contract.

The shop and merchandising have improved massively - the product and service is far better and I think we are in the top 6 clubs in the whole of the football league for kit sales.

The hospitality and match day experience has improved massively which also brings in more revenue.

For those lucky enough to be able to attend games then whilst the ground has three stands in need of upgrade a lot has been spent on improving the inside and outside areas already.

We have a clear goal of pushing to the PL and once we do a plan for stadium upgrades and we seem keen - hurrah- to spend responsibly and not make huge investments when there is no guaranteed return - ergo the ground.

The board these days rarely says anything just for the sake of it and when it does it is typically factual and informative.

Whilst Orta created carnage the relegation clauses have actually helped the club in ffp terms.

We have just equalled the club’s record run of league wins and in a league with some saying teams are still the bookies favourites to get the second auto promotion spot.

That enough effort for you.

Oh and we actually play really good attacking football at times with lots of young players coming through whilst conceding few goals.

Me thinks you haven't heard the last of this....😊

I suspect you may be right. If we all had the same outlook life would be boring I guess. Being lucky enough to occasionally get to home games you can definitely see the effect of all the incremental improvements which are being made to all aspects of the club. We are behaving more and more like a premier league operation after the years of Bates, Cellino, GFH and Radz (though Radz to be fair did start to spend money).

It also looks like Leicester are/will be in FFP trouble but may swerve it by getting promoted- if they don’t go up they will be in huge trouble I suspect. They have a lot of players still on PL wages whereas our top earner is supposed to be Bambi on 40k which is half of what he got in the prem and then there is a gap to the next player.

Fine if WTF sees negatives but I am more of a glass half full person (though glass looks a lot more than half full).

Predictably negative?

Lots of positives.

Financially we seem to be in a very good position. We have well resourced owners who seem to have a plan.

Step 1 get a decent manager.
    Step 2 within the constraints of FFP support him whether through signings or loans with an option to buy.
    Step 3 manage the shape of the squad and take football based decisions with the manager - ergo the outgoing of Ayling and the non renewal of Cooper’s contract.

The shop and merchandising have improved massively - the product and service is far better and I think we are in the top 6 clubs in the whole of the football league for kit sales.

The hospitality and match day experience has improved massively which also brings in more revenue.

For those lucky enough to be able to attend games then whilst the ground has three stands in need of upgrade a lot has been spent on improving the inside and outside areas already.

We have a clear goal of pushing to the PL and once we do a plan for stadium upgrades and we seem keen - hurrah- to spend responsibly and not make huge investments when there is no guaranteed return - ergo the ground.

The board these days rarely says anything just for the sake of it and when it does it is typically factual and informative.

Whilst Orta created carnage the relegation clauses have actually helped the club in ffp terms.

We have just equalled the club’s record run of league wins and in a league with some saying teams are still the bookies favourites to get the second auto promotion spot.

That enough effort for you.

Oh and we actually play really good attacking football at times with lots of young players coming through whilst conceding few goals.
    None of which addresses the issue that sparked the thread.....

The club have (apparently) decided that those fortunate enough to have a season ticket will, unless they attend 80% of home games, risk forfeiting that ticket. The criteria for such forfeiture haven't been made public, so who knows what conditions ST holder may have to fulfil, how many hoops to jump through, neither do we know what bearing the length of time a season ticket has been held might have on matters. The simple fact that the club sees fit to threaten those who have, in many cases over many years, subscribed to the club and supported it by way of paying hundreds if not thousands of pounds if they fail to attend a % of home games speaks volumes for how they see fans. Not as supporters of the club, but cash cows.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)