+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Arbroath (H) 09 Mar

Yeah, he had went off in the Morton game. I was pretty surprised to see him start to be honest. Hopefully just a precaution. We need everyone fit and well for the run in!

I thought we played well first 20, dropped the tempo, but still had some terrible misses by moult, Middleton and Kai, we can't afford that against better opposition. Should have won by 6-7 despite not being a full throttle for whole match, but for the bad misses and resting top players. Thought doc, sibbald very good, Thomson, watt, mcmann decent. Big drop off with the subs, think grieve might have been var offside for one of the goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Easy win today by the look of things, but only to be expected. Didn't see the game so can't comment too much but looks like Goodwin was quick to hook Moult,was that because of injury or just him missing sitters? Shame Raith won,by more than 1 goal too! Hopefully Thistle can take at least a point on Tuesday night. Big game next Friday night,we need to keep winning, no time for anymore limp performances.
    Moult had a tight hammy.

Sibbald my mom, thought he was tremendous the whole game.

Was working so missed this.
    But seen a couple of positive comments on our Club pages from Sir Jim Ratcliffe. Assumed it was a wind up but there was a blue verification tick. Only 1.9k followers but it seemed a bit odd.
    Is Jim an Arab or got the wrong United, or was I right it was a wind up.
    Any detectives in the house?

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Could have had a real barryload the day. Arbroath are a league 1 side in reality and we never looked in any danger of losing this as they are nowhere near the team they have been under Dick and his bro.

Middleton looks totally devoid of confidence as a confident player buries those chances easily and Moults chance too was easier to miss. Watt did ok but MOM was surely a piss take😂his 1st goal was a fluke as to me it looked like a cross that went in and my granny could have tapped in his 2nd.....Sibbald and Docherty are looking good together but their replacements were FAF....Grimshaw and Tilson - the new Lampard and Gerrard😂😂...I really hope the aforementioned pair don't get injured 🙏🙏🙏🙏
    Docherty was brilliant today let’s pray he stays fully fit and firing for the rest of the season.

Grimshaw is our most reliable right back but central midfield today - I agree it wasn’t great

MOTM for me today was Sibald. He was absolutely everywhere, all game. Knew exactly where to be when we had the ball and when we didn't. he speeds the game up and can play a bit when hes in the mood

Another game where I think Kai and Middleton ain't up to the required standard.

Tillson and Grimshaw was FAF. Beepop and Rocksteady.

Quote Originally Posted by bannon_ftd_83 View Post
    MOTM for me today was Sibald. He was absolutely everywhere, all game. Knew exactly where to be when we had the ball and when we didn't. he speeds the game up and can play a bit when hes in the mood

Another game where I think Kai and Middleton ain't up to the required standard.

Tillson and Grimshaw was FAF. Beepop and Rocksteady.
    agree

MOTM in my opinion was Sibbald, he seems to read better than most and would be one to keep going up.

Grimshaw and Tilson. What to say. when they came on offered nothing against a gash side.

Grimshaw showed he can only play in one position (just)

We need docherty and wetherspoon fit for the run in, we've got a strong 12-13, but beyond that the bench is really uninspiring, and has highlighted the limitations of our recruitment. Miller Thompson has been a great Discovery, but the drop off with some of the back ups signings is obvious, I'll probably be accused of being negative, but despite a decent goal and assist yesterday I thought grieve again looked a really limited signing.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)