+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts...Barnsley-v-Lincoln

Romared Match Thoughts...Barnsley-v-Lincoln

Lincoln are tough little buggers to beat. They have only lost ten games this season which is only one or two more than some in the top six.

Perhaps more significant is that they have only conceded three goals in their last eleven league games--eight clean sheets.
    Their defence must be decent at Third Division level.

Could be a tough afternoon ahead. I've gone for our first 0-0 of the season, which probably means a 5-4 or 4-5 scoreline.

I agree about it being a tight, cagey match.

I’m hoping that we will get that overdue clean sheet, whilst still keeping our attacking intent.

Without looking too far ahead, if we want to be getting that automatic spot, we need to be taking at least 6/7 points from these next 3 games before Pompey away I think.

Quote Originally Posted by NerfHerder View Post
    I agree about it being a tight, cagey match.

I’m hoping that we will get that overdue clean sheet, whilst still keeping our attacking intent.

Without looking too far ahead, if we want to be getting that automatic spot, we need to be taking at least 6/7 points from these next 3 games before Pompey away I think.
    Totally agree wi that Nerf.

Tough game indeed against opponents we struggled to beat last season and at Sincil Bank earlier in the season .

In fact we've had four goes at them these last two seasons and still not won .

On the back of Tuesday night when four or five of our players were blowing out of their asses this game doesn't bode well in my opinion .

Yeah they’ve been an awkward opponent of late but I think we’re a different animal this season showing we can come back from behind to win games
    They’re on decent form so I’m hoping for a tight narrow win
    It’s all about 3 points now 1-0 is as good as 4-0

A very tight one to call this as per usual when we play Lincoln! I agree the starting line up will be interesting as a few of our lads were absolutely spent against Bolton.
    I think Cosgrove and O’Keefe will start with McAtee and Cadden on the bench, which in my “opinion” would be the right call.
    I would also give Luca a rest and play Grant, and then see how we get on before deciding on subs, but I can see him starting Russell tomorrow and leaving Grant on the bench.
    We have enough to break these down but it all depends on fatigue levels for me!

There's definitely a feel of getting the show back on the road following Tuesday night's disappointing last 40 minutes against Bolton .

The standards required to get top two are incredibly high and in my opinion it's imperative that we get the three points this afternoon if we are to maintain any aspirations of a top two finish .

Automatic promotion teams put such disappointment and potentially physiological damaging set backs behind them and go again .

Today is a test of our abilities to indeed challenge for that top two every bit as much as it was on Tuesday night .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    There's definitely a feel of getting the show back on the road following Tuesday night's disappointing last 40 minutes against Bolton .

The standards required to get top two are incredibly high and in my opinion it's imperative that we get the three points this afternoon if we are to maintain any aspirations of a top two finish .

Automatic promotion teams put such disappointment and potentially physiological damaging set backs behind them and go again .

Today is a test of our abilities to indeed challenge for that top two every bit as much as it was on Tuesday night .
    I think there must be only me who has ruled out the autos , I have said all season that we are at best a mid table top ten side who hopefully will make the play offs, fans keep going on about the autos but there is no way we are a side that is good enough , I think what they have achieved so far is amazing but our weaknesses are there for all to see, you cannot concede goals on such a regular basis & hope to get in the top two , it simply is not going to happen , so I say forget about the top two & lets make sure we cement a chance through the play offs. Today we play a side who rarely concede goals & they will be a very tough nut to crack but with the play offs in mind to me its a must not lose game the same as the other night.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    I think there must be only me who has ruled out the autos , I have said all season that we are at best a mid table top ten side who hopefully will make the play offs, fans keep going on about the autos but there is no way we are a side that is good enough , I think what they have achieved so far is amazing but our weaknesses are there for all to see, you cannot concede goals on such a regular basis & hope to get in the top two , it simply is not going to happen , so I say forget about the top two & lets make sure we cement a chance through the play offs. Today we play a side who rarely concede goals & they will be a very tough nut to crack but with the play offs in mind to me its a must not lose game the same as the other night.
    I'm pretty much led by the current league table than actually any full on belief that the top two is attainable Shad .

However i always think back to the double Wembley season under Hecky when we probably ended up the best team in the league from rock bottom in December .

We always have that ability to score goals which has probably hid quite a few of our flaws in my opinion .

We are in the top two conversation which we never really were last season .

Football is weird , hand on heart though I'd give us a 50% chance of the top two .

I havent seen a team in our division that is anywhere near the standard required for the step up to the championship. Its a very poor standard in my opinion.

As far as judgement on autos is concerned, weve got the same chance more or less as three other teams, its in our hands. If we dont get there and have a play off campaign its a far better outcome than I expected at the start of the season.

I hope we get over the line today that would be a boost after Tuesday.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast