+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts...Barnsley-v-Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Well at the exact same time last season Wednesday were top of league one , six points ahead of Ipswich and Plymouth and had two games in hand on them both .
    True.

1/25 are the current odds on bet 365 for Barnsley to finish in the top 6.

Plenty of twists and turns to come.

We play two clubs in the relegation zone Tuesday and Saturday.

Carlisle are already down and it would be the mother of all shocks if we lost there.

Cheltenham are in last chance saloon territory so they may be feyting for their lives but it should be another victory.

All will be well by next Saturday teatime, fans will be singing "Collins is our King" and Barnsley FC will again be "the greatest football team the world has ever seen".

And then we will lose at Portsmouth and be sh1te again.

The Third Division is an emotional roller-coaster.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 10-03-2024 at 02:21 AM.

Crikey arrived into Hong Kong airport hoping to see if my 4-1 home score prediction had become a reality and saw the score 1-5

Big dent into our hope of an auto spot and goal difference really now in favour of the teams above us.

Still 10 games to go - and hoping 1 point from the last 2 games is our final blip for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Plenty of twists and turns to come.

We play two clubs in the relegation zone Tuesday and Saturday.

Carlisle are already down and it would be the mother of all shocks if we lost there.

Cheltenham are in last chance saloon territory so they may be feyting for their lives but it should be another victory.

All will be well by next Saturday teatime, fans will be singing "Collins is our King" and Barnsley FC will again be "the greatest football team the world has ever seen".

And then we will lose at Portsmouth and be sh1te again.

The Third Division is an emotional roller-coaster.
    Perfectly written SB

Al tell thi summat......(Stage Direction: Pause for dramatic effect)...

This lot dunt want to gu up.

Summat's not reyt darn theear......(Stage Direction: Leave no time for response but turn and walk away with a look that says something has just been said that cannot be topped ... like when the kids say "End of" )

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Al tell thi summat......(Stage Direction: Pause for dramatic effect)...

This lot dunt want to gu up.

Summat's not reyt darn theear......(Stage Direction: Leave no time for response but turn and walk away with a look that says something has just been said that cannot be topped ... like when the kids say "End of" )
    Well there's actually part of me that thinks if we got promoted to the championship that believes it would be a complete waste of time even though your post is probably tongue in cheek SB .

Who wants 9 months of watching a season like we had the last time we were in the championship ?

Who wants to go through what Rotherham United fans are currently going through , 20 points from safety and 3 wins all season ? , they've still got 9 games left to endure .

This isn't necessarily the club's fault although we've hardly helped ourselves either when in the championship but it seems to me that getting promoted to the championship is hardly worth the bother , it's not as if the tv money is so substantial that it counters getting drubbed every week .

At least the Blades have received £180m this season even though it's pretty painful to watch them concede five or six every other week if you are a regular at BL .

At best we might survive a single season and even that would be massively over achieving but it's just not sustainable now .

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Enjoy the Costa..! Im going to wait till tuesday to decide if we come back Friday night, or Saturday night. Lose Tuesday, and i am fishing Hopes Nose.
    Come back Friday, and i may be picking me orn nose.
    Will do cheers Jules, I’ve a funny feeling we may well be back on track by 5pm Saturday, fingers and everything else crossed.

After derby game I was as guilty as anyone thinking top 2 was on but the way we surrendered to Bolton Tuesday night and how we got royally slapped against Lincoln says we’re not quite ready
    The play offs are a given but we need to hit them with some momentum or a team flying in at the last moment like, say Lincoln will put us to the sword
    A bad day at the office but as I said it doesn’t matter if we win 1-0 or 4-0 there’s still 3 points awarded
    Let’s just get back on the bike and sort Carlisle out Tuesday and sweep Saturday under the carpet

With respect Dingle I am not sure with our defence how you can say that the play offs are a given , hope you are right but if we missed out I wouldn"t be surprised , we are not that good .

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234