+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Standing at Accrington

Standing at Accrington

Rang the ticket office this morning. Notts still haven't sold the 460 seats at Accrington.

Accrington won't release the circa 1,500 standing tickets until the 460 have sold out.

It could be the case that Notts are backed by less than 500 which for a decent trip is pretty poor.

Is this down to the recent poor performances or the asking price of £25 (or both) ?

I don't really want to sit but I always follow Notts away when I can.

Anybody else waiting for the standing tickets ?

Have they increased the price like they did v Wrexham?

Quote Originally Posted by AllNottsAreWe View Post

Is this down to the recent poor performances or the asking price of £25 (or both) ?
    Maybe people are waiting to see if we still have something to play for, or so far adrift that it'll barely be more meaningful than a friendly. We could be up to 13 pts adrift of the play offs by 10pm Tuesday if everything continues to go against us.

I've already booked a hospitality deal at Stanley for £50.
    It's OK having a go at AS and asking if prices are increased like the Wrexham game.
    It's common sense that greater numbers of travelling fans incur higher costs for policing and match day staff !
    Imagine the outlay too for extra catering supplies etc and ending up with a postponement like Bradford City last week ?
    It's well documented that Stanley are having to make significant cost cutting measures for next season , so why be critical of the club , trying to maximise income revenue in order to survive ?

Not paying £25 for 4th division football

Quote Originally Posted by SinceSept1959 View Post
    I've already booked a hospitality deal at Stanley for £50.
    It's OK having a go at AS and asking if prices are increased like the Wrexham game.
    It's common sense that greater numbers of travelling fans incur higher costs for policing and match day staff !
    Imagine the outlay too for extra catering supplies etc and ending up with a postponement like Bradford City last week ?
    It's well documented that Stanley are having to make significant cost cutting measures for next season , so why be critical of the club , trying to maximise income revenue in order to survive ?
    Because refusing to release the terracing tickets is blackmail. We'll shift about 1000 once the last few seats are sold.
    It will cost them more not to release as 100 x £25 is nowhere near 400 x £22.

They should have opened both options for sale. Lots of people will want to stand and £3 difference is neither here nor there (and it doesn't matter to the Police or the catering if 400 or 1400 of us are there).

Rang the ticket office this morning. Notts still haven't sold the 460 seats at Accrington.

Accrington won't release the circa 1,500 standing tickets until the 460 have sold out.

It could be the case that Notts are backed by less than 500 which for a decent trip is pretty poor.

We're waiting for standing tickets. Did the same for Barrow.

Of course attendances matter in relation to policing and catering overheads despite your opinion.
    Even non league games with over 1,000 fans require police in attendance.
    As for £25 for Lge 2 games , bear in mind that S****horpe charge £20 match day in National North & Macclesfield charge £17 for Northern Premier League.

533 out of 560 seats sold so far. So standing tickets should be on sale soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast