+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Donny

Donny

Am hoping that playing away will suit us better.

FGS - Nev ( really hope he manages 20+ goals this season )

Great having Tabs back again, but think we really missed Capt Luke last week

Prediction 1-0 to the Alex

The weight of expectation may be too heavy. Although they are at the wrong end of the division they are on a good run. So the game may not pan out like recent away games against promotion chasers. Donny are good up front but weak at the back. They ran us very close at Gresty Road but we were in the middle of our late- scoring run at the time, which seems to have stopped now.
    I know I'm a natural pessimist but I really feel that this game will end our away run. 1-2.

Think they're bit better than league position suggests, want us to win but going for 2-2 Nev and Josh to score!!

Going back to being pessimistic and the law of averages, I'm going for a 2-1 loss. I've been thinking long and hard about last Saturday and I think that complacency set in when we went 2-0 up, the management and players all bought into us having the game won, then we couldn't turn it round.
    We have got to take substitutions a bit more seriously and I would certainly bring Booth back into the team. I feel sure that without the interruption of the injury in the Tranmere game he would still be in the team now on merit.

Have to agree with you MfC ...

Looking back, complacency definitely set in at 2-0. Regarding substitutions - taking off the 2 goal-scorers (who would have been buzzing) was not the greatest ...

The trick is to try and play as if you are losing 2-0, when the opposite is true.

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    .... I would certainly bring Booth back into the team. I feel sure that without the interruption of the injury in the Tranmere game he would still be in the team now on merit.
    Just had a thought, if we start with Tom ...
    ... would we only need one goalie on the subs bench ??

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    Just had a thought, if we start with Tom ...
    ... would we only need one goalie on the subs bench ??
    I hope that he doesn't let me down.

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    I hope that he doesn't let me down.
    Nah, he will be okay. Only one GK on the bench !!

Zac and Tabs also on the bench ...

Not sure why Rowe is in. Hoping we see Tabs in the 2nd half. Seems to be no coherent strategy for getting the ball forward.

Agree Gazan, team doesn't look right with Tracey, Rowe and Kirk

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast